1. India win T20 Blind World Cup:
- India beat Pakistan by 9-wickets to win T20 Blind World Cup at Bengaluru's M Chinnaswamy Stadium.
- Successfully defending their title in the T20 Blind World Cup, India achieved the victory target of 198-runs in the 18th over in the final of the tournament.
- Prakash Jayaramaiah became Man-of-the-match for unbeaten 99 runs. Man-of-the-series Badar Munir was the top-scorer for Pakistan.
2. US, Japan successfully intercept missile in space:
- The US and Japanese military have successfully tested the Standard Missile-3 (SM-3) Block IIA missile defence system by intercepting a medium-range ballistic missile target in space for the first time.
- The missile was launched from a ship off the west coast of Hawaii, US.
- The US Missile Defence Agency said that the defence system met each of its primary objectives.
3. Government constitutes inter-departmental task force to crack down on benami firms:
- The Union Government has constituted inter-departmental task force comprising members of various regulatory Ministries and enforcement agencies to crack down on benami firms.
- It is first major post-demonetisation move undertaken by Government for unearthing black money from shell companies used for large-scale money laundering and tax evasion.
- The task force will be headed by Revenue Secretary and Corporate Affairs Secretary to monitor the actions taken by various agencies.
4. National productivity week celebrations to begin from 12th February:
- Every year 12th to 18th of February is celebrated as the National Productivity Week.
- This year the theme of week is 'From Waste to Profits-through Reduce, Recycle and Reuse.'
- National Productivity Council, an autonomous body under Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion was established on 12th February in 1958.
- The objective of Council is to stimulate and promote productivity and quality consciousness across all sectors in the country.
5. Neelu Rohmetra is the first woman to be appointed director of an IIM at Sirmaur:
- The government recently appointed heads of 10 Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs), including the first woman to head one of the 20 premier B-schools in the country.
- The IIMs that got new directors are in Bodhgaya (Bihar), Sirmaur (Himachal Pradesh), Visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh), Trichy (Tamil Nadu), Nagpur (Maharashtra), Sambalpur (Odisha), Raipur (Chhattisgarh), Rohtak (Haryana), Ranchi (Jharkhand) and Bangalore.
- Prof Neelu Rohmetra of Jammu University is the first woman to be appointed director of an IIM at Sirmaur. She specialises in HRD and cross-culture management.
6. Grammy Awards to include first-ever transgender ‘trophy girl’:
- The three trophy handlers at the ceremony are transgender model Martina Robledo, model and actor Derek Marrocco, and model and actress Hollin Haley.
- The 59th Annual Grammy Awards ceremony will be held on February 12, 2017.
7. Yusuf Pathan to feature in Hong Kong T20 league:
- Yusuf Pathan has become the first Indian male cricketer to sign a deal with an overseas franchise-based T20 league.
- On Saturday, he was unveiled by Kowloon Cantons for the second edition of the Hong Kong Twenty20 League.
- The league is scheduled to run from March 8 to 12.
8. Ashiwn becomes fastest to get 250 wickets:
- R Ashwin, on Sunday, became the fastest bowler to get to 250 wickets when he removed Bangladesh batsman Mushfiqur Rahim.
- Ashwin achieved the feat in his 45th Test bettering the previous record of 48 by Australian pacer Dennis Lillee.
- He is the 6th Indian to reach the landmark.