1. RBI to issue new Rs 50, Rs 20 notes:
- The reserve bank will issue Rs 20 and Rs 50 denomination bank notes, bearing signature of Urjit Patel, RBI Governor.
- Old banknotes of the two denominations will continue to be legal tender.
- Design and security features of these banknotes will be similar to the old notes of these denominations.
2. 'Heart of Asia' conference has kicked off in Amritsar:
- The sixth 'Heart of Asia' ministerial conference has kicked off in Amritsar, Punjab from 03rd December 2016 to discuss peace, cooperation and economic development in Afghanistan and its neighbors.
- Delegates from nearly 40 countries will participate in the conference organised on the theme 'Addressing Challenges, Achieving Prosperity'.
- The main conference has been inaugurated jointly by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani.
3. ISRO to launch 83 satellites in one go in 2017:
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) will launch 83 satellites into space in one go, aboard a single rocket in January 2017.
- This announcement was made during the proceedings of the lower house, Lok Sabha on 30 November 2016.
- Amoung the 83 satellites, 3 belong to India while the other 80, weighing 500 kg belong to five foreign nations including Israel, Netherlands, Kazakhstan, Switzerland and the United States of America.
- The three Indian satellites that are going to be launched include: 1. Cartosat – 2 series, 2. INS-IA, 3. INS-1B.
4. India, Qatar ink pacts on Visas, Cyberspace, Investments:
- India and Qatar has signed four agreements on visas, cyberspace and investments following delegation-level talks led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Qatari counterpart Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa Al Thani on key issues of energy, trade and security.
- Modi and the Qatari Prime Minister, who is in New Delhi on his first visit, discussed enhancing cooperation in defence and security, in particular in cyber-security and agreed on joint action to tackle money laundering and terrorist financing.
- The two sides inked five pacts including in the field of visas, cyberspace and investments.
5. Donald Trump names General Motors CEO to his advisory panel:
- US President-elect Donald Trump has named General Motors CEO Mary Barra to his economic and job-creation panel.
- The panel, set to meet for the first time in February, consists of CEOs from JPMorgan Chase, Walt Disney, Boeing, and other companies.
- Barra is one of the only two women on the panel, the other being IBM CEO Ginni Rometty.
6. NGT bans disposable plastic in Delhi:
- The National Green Tribunal (NGT) has banned the use of disposable plastic in Delhi and NCR with effect from 1st January next year .
- NGT also directed the Delhi government to take steps to reduce dumped waste.
- NGT refused to shut down the Okhla waste-to-energy plant and issued a slew of directions for its eco-friendly operation along with two other plants at Gazipur and Bhalswa.
7. Indian contestant Srinidhi Shetty wins Miss Supranational:
- India's representative Srinidhi Shetty has been crowned Miss Supranational 2016, an international beauty pageant.
- This marks the second time that India has won the pageant following the win by Asha Bhat in 2014.
- Srinidhi Shetty qualified for the competition after becoming the first runner-up at the Miss India Universe pageant earlier this year, where she won the title 'Miss Diva Supranational'.
8. India beat Pakistan to win Women's T20 Asia Cup trophy:
- India women's cricket team won the Asia Cup T20 after beating arch-rivals Pakistan in the final by 17 runs.
- The win stretches India's unbeaten run in the Asia Cup to 32 matches and it is their sixth Asia Cup crown.
- Mithali Raj top scored for India in the Asia Cup final against Pakistan, she scored 73 runs and remained not out till the end and India scored 121/5.
9. Nico Rosberg announces shocking retirement after World title win:
- Nico Rosberg announced his retirement from Formula One on 2 December 2016, just five days after he grabbed his first-ever F1 World Champion title in the season’s final race at Abu Dhabi.
- The 31-year-old, who beat his Mercedes team-mate and three-time world champion Lewis Hamilton by five points.
10. India to train Qatar police to host FIFA World Cup 2022:
- India will train Qatar police for handling the security during the FIFA World Cup 2022 scheduled to be held in that country.
- The training arrangement was agreed upon during a meeting between Qatari Prime Minister Sheikh Abdullah Bin Nasser Bin Khalifa Al Thani and Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh in New Delhi.