1. 'Vittiya Saksharata Abhiyan' launched by the HRD Ministry:
- Vittiya Saksharata Abhiyan (VISAKA) was launched by the Union Ministry for Human Resource Development (HRD) to make people aware about cashless economic system.
- It was launched by Union HRD minister Prakash Javadekar in New Delhi.
- It is campaign by Higher Educational institutions for digital econmy.
- VISAKA aims to create awareness among people about digital economy and cashless modes of transactions.
2. President presents 2nd ICCR Ideologist award to Prof. Yu Long Yu:
- The second Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) Ideologist Award for the year 2016 was awarded to Prof. Yu Long Yu of China.
- He was presented with this award by President Pranab Mukherjee at a function in Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi.
- ICCR Ideologist award is an annual award instituted by ICCR. It carries prize amount of US$ 20000.
3. Team Indus to be the first private firm to land on the moon in 2018:
- The Indian Startup, Team Indus which is based in Bangalore has tied up with Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) to send its rover to moon.
- This contract is part of the firm's bid to win the Google Lunar XPRIZE.
- Google Lunar XPRIZE is a challenge involving 16 teams wherein the first team to successfully land a rover on the Moon, make it travel for 500 metres and send back HD videos and images of Earth will win $20 million.
- Team Indus in the only Indian Company among the 16 teams in the competition.
4. World's first Water Wave Laser unveiled:
- Scientists from Israel have created the world’s first ‘water-wave laser’ that emits a beam through the interaction of light and water waves.
- The study conducted by team of researchers from Technion-Israel Institute of Technology led by Professor Tal Carmon.
5. India's GDP grew to 7.3% in the 2nd Quarter of the fiscal year 2016 - 17 : CSO
- As per the announcement of Central Statistical Organisation (CSO), the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of the country for the second quarter (July - September) for the fiscal year 2016 - 2017 accelerated to 7.3% as compared to 7.1% for the first quarter.
- GDP of a country is basically the total monetary value of all the finished goods and services that are produced within the country's geographical borders in a specific time period.
6. India's football federation wins Asian award:
- The All-India Football Federation has won the Asian Football Council's Developing Member Association of the Year Award in Abu Dhabi.
- The award is given on the basis of organisation of courses, seminars and competitions, grassroots, youth development and women's programmes and special projects.
- In 2014, AIFF had earlier won the AFC President's Recognition Award for grassroots football.
7. 'Moonlight' bags Gotham Awards:
- 'Moonlight' has won best feature at the 26th annual Gotham Independent Awards.
- The film bagged four prizes, including best screenplay, best ensemble and the audience award at the ceremony held at Cipriani Wall Street.
8. Katy Perry honoured with humanitarian award at UNICEF event:
- Singer Katy Perry was honoured with the 'Audrey Hepburn Humanitarian Award' for her work as UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador at a UNICEF event in New York on 1st December.
9. Yoga now a part of UNESCO's intangible Heritage List of Humanity:
- The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) has formally inscribed Yoga in its representative list of Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
- It is the 13th intangible cultural heritage from India to be included in UNESCO's list.
10. Donald Trump to nominate retired General James Mattis for the post of Defence Secretary of US:
- The announcement was made by the President - elect Trump during his victory rally in Cincinnati.
- The decision will have to be approved by US Congress for Mattis to take up the top Pentagon post.
11. Rakesh Asthana to be appointed the new CBI Director:
- Rakesh Asthana will hold additional charge of the post of Director after CBI chief Anil Sinha retired today.
- He is currently serving as the Additional Director of Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).