1. PM Narendra Modi lays foundation stone of Char Dham highway development project in Dehradun:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has laid the foundation stone of Char Dham highway development project in Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
- The Chardham Mahamarg Vikas Pariyojna is an ambitious initiative to improve connectivity to the Char Dham pilgrimage centres in the Himalayas.
- The project’s main objective is to develop around 900 km of national highways. These highways will be built at an approximate cost of Rs 12,000 crore.
2. UP CM lays foundation stone of Film, Television and Liberal Arts Institute:
- The Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Akhilesh Yadav has laid a foundation stone of the Film, Television and Liberal Arts Institute at Lucknow in an area of 14 acres of land.
- The state of the art technology and world class facilities will be roped in to educate nearly 500 students seeking expertise in filmmaking and other allied subjects.
- He also gave away subsidies to 17 films which were totally or partially shot in Uttar Pradesh.
3. Karnataka govt. launches 25 bio-diesel buses in the state:
- First time in the country, the Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) has launched 25 bio-diesel buses in the state in an effort to reduce pollution caused by diesel buses.
- These eco-friendly buses will play on four routes.The Biodiesel buses eject 60 to 70 percent less emissions than diesel buses and save the Corporation Rs.80 lakh each year.
4. Central Government of India releases Rs 1,982 crore for Andhra Pradesh's Polavaram project :
- The Centre has released Rs 1,982 crore for the multipurpose Polavaram irrigation project in Andhra Pradesh through National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD), which sanctioned the long term irrigation fund under Prime Minister Krishi Sinchayee Yojana.
- Polavaram Project is a multi-purpose irrigation project which has been accorded national project status by the central government.
- This dam across the Godavari River is under construction located in West Godavari District and East Godavari District in Andhra Pradesh state and its reservoir spreads in parts of Chhattisgarh and Odisha States also.
5. China tests 5th-generation fighter jet FC-31 Gyrfalcon:
- China has successfully tested the latest version of its fifth-generation stealth fighter jet J-31 (now renamed the FC-31 Gyrfalcon).
- The newest version of twin-engine FC-31 took to the air for the first time recently. It is considered as China’s answer to the US F-35, the world’s most technically advanced fighter.
- The newest FC-31 has better stealth capabilities, improved electronic equipment and a larger payload capacity than the previous version which debuted in October 2012
6. China Passes Environment Tax Law to Curb Pollution:
- China has passed a new law to levy environment tax on polluters, especially on heavy industries.
- The environment tax law was adopted by the legislature, the National People’s Congress (NPC) standing committee at a meeting in Beijing.
- The law will be implemented on January 1, 2018.
- Battling recurring pollution enveloping its cities,The Environment Tax Law was adopted by the legislature, the National People’s Congress (NPC) Standing Committee.
7. Digi Dhan Mela held in Gurugram to promote cashless transactions:
- The 'Digi Dhan Mela' has been organised in the outskirts of the national capital in Gurugram (Haryana).
- It was the first such fair in the country outside Delhi post-demonetisation to promote cashless transactions.
- More than 3,000 peoples Banking accounts were opened and about 7,000 persons has been imparted training about digital payments during the mela.
- Earlier, the "Lucky Grahak Yojana" and "Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana" awards have been launched to encourage people to adopt the cashless mode of payments.
8. Odisha Names Mega Lift Irrigation Scheme after the freedom fighter Parbati Giri:
- The State Cabinet of Odisha named the Mega Lift Irrigation Scheme worth Rs. 7,600 crore, after the noted freedom fighter and social reformer Parbati Giri as a mark of respect for her immense contribution to the freedom movement and service to the poor and needy.
- The scheme was named after Parbati Giri by the Chief Minister of state, Naveen Patnaik at a cabinet meeting.
- The State Cabinet has approved tender for 13 mega lift irrigation schemes with a total command area of 19,400 hectares in Mayurbhanj and Keonjhar districts.
9. Registration of Pakistani Hindus as Indian Citizen reduced from Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 100:
- The registration fees for Hindus and other minority community people from three neighboring countries comprising Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Bangladesh, to register as Indian citizens have been reduced drastically to Rs 100 from Rs 15,000.
10. Salman Khan launches his app 'BeingInTouch' on 51st birthday:
- Today, Indian film actor, producer, television personality Salman Khan (51-year) has announced the launch of his app "BeingInTouch" through Twitter.
- The app will provide access to Salman's social media accounts, his unseen pictures videos and also avail discounts from various brands on the app.
11. KVGB launches ‘Bank Sakhi’ scheme:
- The Karnataka Vikas Grameen Banks (KVGB) has come up with ‘Bank Sakhi‘ innovative scheme for employing women in villages to promote and improve the cashless transactions in rural areas.
- The Bank Chairman S.Ravindran revealed that the bank would appoint women business correspondents called 'Bank Sakhi' in select villages where this scheme would be implemented.
- In order to start this, the bank had hired 11 'Bank Sakhi' and had plans to appoint a minimum of 50 such women in different districts.
- The 'Bank Sakhi' will provide a range of financial services on behalf of the bank to her community.
12. Former Sri Lankan prime minister Ratnasiri Wickremanayake passes away:
- Former Sri Lankan prime minister Ratnasiri Wickremanayake died at the age of 83.
- He was admitted to the intensive care unit of a hospital last week. Wickremanayake had served as prime minister during Mahinda Rajapaksa’s term as president from 2005 to 2010.
13. Yuki Bhambri wins ITF Hong Kong F4 Futures title:
- Indian professional tennis player and former Junior No. 1 Yuki Bhambri has won the title of the $ 10000 ITF Hong Kong F4 Futures.
- It is the first singles trophy of the season.
- He defeated the tournament's number two Shintaro Imai of Japan 6-4,7-5.
- He is the first Indian to seal victory in the junior Australian Open Title 2009.