1. Haryana issues petro cards to drivers for digital payments of fuel:
- The Haryana government has issued "petro cards" to its drivers for cashless payments for fuel and also announced prizes on daily basis for the citizens who would be registering and transacting proactively towards cashless transactions.
- Two oil companies like 'Indian Oil' and 'Bharat Petroleum' have been shortlisted for this purpose.
- The State Bank of India (SBI) will install 3000 Point of Sale (POS) Machines at various state government offices across the state without any charges.
- A scheme has been launched to give away 5 prizes of Rs. ten thousand each, 10 prizes of Rs. five thousand each and 50 prizes of Rs. one thousand each on daily basis till 31th Dec.2016.
2. Chhattisgarh CM launches country’s first cashless bazaar to people in Raipur:
- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh has launched India’s first cashless bazaar in Raipur on December 19, 2016.
- The ‘Smart’ bazaar consist of nearly Over 900 shops which are providing the facilities of cashless payments using POS, UPI and other digital systems to its customers.
- Chhattisgarh is currently leading in the nation in training its people in digital transactions
3. Govt announces Rs 207 crore project for protection of Majuli island:
- The union minister of State for Development of North Eastern Region Dr Jitendra Singh has announced to provide 207 crore rupees for protection and development of the world heritage island Majuli (Assam).
- Majuli district is the largest river island of the world it covers an area of around 340 miles and nearly 1 lakh 60 thousand people reside at the Majuli river island.
- The amount will be spent primarily for safeguarding the land loss due to erosion and to protect the 80-kilometers length of the bank line on the right bank of river Brahmaputra along Majuli island.
4. Healthy Ministry wins gold in the Web Ratna Category:
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare lead by Jagat Prakash Nadda has won gold in the Web Ratna category in the Digital India awards 2016.
- The Web Ratna Awards, constituted by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, acknowledges exemplary initiatives/practices of various states/UTs in the realm of e-governance.
5. Rs 50,000 fine on airlines if their planes empty human waste in air:
- A bench headed by National Green Tribunal (NGT) Chairperson Swatanter Kumar has ordered to impose a fine of Rs. 50,000 on airlines whose aircraft empty toilet tanks in air while landing and splattering human waste on houses.
- NGT asked Directorate General of Civil Aviation(DGCA) to issue directions that aircraft on landing shall be subjected to surprise inspection to see that human waste tanks are not empty.
- Normally, the waste in the aircraft tanks are disposed of by ground handling personnel once the plane lands.
6. India Signs Open Skies Agreement with Six Countries at ICAN 2016:
- International Civil Aviation Negotiations (ICAN) – 2016 were held recently in Nassau.
- Open Skies agreement allows unlimited number of flights to six metro airports namely Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Bengaluru and Chennai, was signed with six countries namely Jamaica, Guyana, Czech Republic, Finland, Spain and Sri Lanka.
7. Maharashtra govt. announces to create separate OBC ministry:
- The Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has announced that a separate Ministry will be created for Other Backward Classes (OBCs).
- This ministry will be headed by an independent minister.
- The government has come up with a target of planting 50 crore saplings in next three years to increase the green cover across the state.
8. India Surpasses United Kingdom to become Fifth-Largest Economy:
- As per the report published in Forbes magazine, India has overtaken the United Kingdom in terms of the size of the economy, first time in 150 years.
- With this major shift in world economy, India has now become the 5th largest country in terms of the size of the economy after the United States, China, Japan, and Germany.
9. India Achieves 4th rank in Global Wind Power Installed Capacity Index:
- India has ranked 4th in the Global Wind Power Installed Capacity index after China, USA and Germany with cumulative installed wind power generation capacity of 28,279 MW in 2016.
- The Government is aiming to increase the share of clean energy through massive development and deployment of new and renewable energy in India to meet Energy security, Electricity shortages, Energy access and Climate change among others.
10. India gets most FDI from Singapore:
- India has received the maximum Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) inflows from Singapore in 2015-16 followed by Mauritius, the US, the Netherlands and Japan, a report by industry chamber PHDCCI and KPMG.
- India attracted $13.69 billion foreign direct investment from Singapore in that financial year.
11. Long range nuclear-capable subsonic cruise missile Nirbhay testfired:
- Long range nuclear-capable subsonic cruise missile Nirbhay was testfired from the launch complex 3 of the Integrated Missile Test Range in Balasore, Odisha.
- The test was conducted by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- After blasting off from launch pad, the missile took a unique trajectory in its entire path to the target. However the test was an utter failure.
- Nirbhay is a long range surface-to-surface nuclear-capable subsonic cruise missile developed indigenously by the DRDO.
12. Tamil poet-saint Thiruvalluvar Statue gets Place at Haridwar’s Mela Bhawan:
- The 12-foot-tall stone statue of renowned Tamil poet and philosopher-saint Thiruvalluvar was inaugurated at Mela Bhawan premises in Haridwar, Uttarakhand by Chief minister Harish Rawat.
13. Flock launches world’s first chat operating system:
- A team messenger for businesses Flock has launched world's first chat operating system "FlockOS" which allows developers to build customised apps, bots and integrations on Flock.
- With FlockOS, we have thrown open our platform to the global developer community.
- Developers can build apps with 'FlockOS', that provide a tightly integrated experience by using widgets.
- This OS provides setup slash commands, providing an additional option for users to interact with the app.
14. Deepak Agarwal appointed Noida CEO Authority:
- The Uttar Pradesh government has designated Deepak Agarwal, CEO of Greater Noida Industrial Development Authority (GNIDA), as the CEO of Noida Authority on 21st December 2016.
- Deepak Agarwal will replace P K Agarwal, who was officiating as the CEO of Noida Authority.
15. AIBA grants full membership to Boxing Federation of India:
- The Amateur International Boxing Association amateur (AIBA) unanimously granted full membership to the Boxing Federation of India (BFI) at a meeting in Montreux (Switzerland).
- Now, India has returned to the international boxing fold.
- Earlier, India's International suspension for the past four years had resulted in the isolation of the country's boxers.