1. Daily limit for exchange of 500 and 1000 currency notes to be reduced to Rs. 2000 from Friday:
- The government today revised certain guidelines for the withdrawal of cash, limiting counter exchange of old Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes from Rs 4,500 to Rs 2000 starting from tomorrow.
- The notes can be exchanged once per person up to December 30th.
- Economic Affairs Secretary Shaktikanta Das also stated that the families can withdraw up to Rs. 2,50,000 for the wedding purpose from one account, provided the account is KYC complaint.
2. Chhattisgarh becomes 1st state to adopt resolution on demonetisation:
- Chhattisgarh has become the first state to adopt a resolution welcoming the demonetization of high-value currency notes.
- The state Assembly adopted a resolution moved by Chief Minister Raman Singh on 16th November welcoming the Centre’s decision.
- The resolution on 16 November 2016 saw 41 votes in favour and 25 against in assembly.
3. Russia quits from the International Criminal Court:
- Under a directive signed by President Vladimir Putin, Russia has issued the statement about its withdrawal from the International Criminal court.
- Russia had signed the Rome statute, which governs the ICC, however, the agreement was never ratified By Russia to become a member of ICC.
4. World Philosophy Day observed worldwide:
- The World Philosophy Day is observed globally on every third Thursday of November.
- The Day, as initiated by UNESCO aims to underline the enduring value of philosophy for the development of human thought, for each culture and for each individual.
5. "Post-Truth" Named Oxford Dictionaries Word of Year Amid 2016 Political Climate:
- Oxford Dictionaries has declared "post-truth" to be its international word of the year citing a 2,000% spike in its usage.
- The word beat competition from "adulting," "alt-right," "Brexiteer," "glass cliff" and "woke". Last year's choice was the "face with tears of joy" emoji.
- The Word of the Year of Oxford Dictionary is an expression or word that is chosen to reflect the passing year in language.
6. Google becomes a member of .NET Foundation Technical Steering Group:
- Google has become a member of .NET Foundation Technical Steering Group.
- The group was formed in March 2016 to provide directions of the popular Web services framework to other companies.
- Microsoft, Google, Samsung, Red Hat, JetBrains, and Unity are now the members of this group.
7. Reliance Group launches IoT services under venture Unlimit:
- Reliance Group has partnered with Cisco Jasper for the launch of a venture called Unlimit, which will provide Internet of Things (IoT) services to its enterprise customers in India.
- IoT is a network of “things” that include identifiable devices, appliances, equipment, the machinery of all forms and sizes with the intelligence to seamlessly connect, communicate and control or manage each other to perform a set of tasks with minimum intervention.
8. India, China Joint Training Exercise Hand in Hand 2016 begins in Pune:
- The sixth edition of India-China Joint Training Exercise “Hand in Hand 2016” has started in Pune, Maharashtra.
- The aim of the bilateral military exercise is to share the expertise in drills and practices while tackling insurgency and terrorism between Indian Army and People’s Liberation Army of China.
- Thus, it seeks to promote healthy military to military relations between the two armies and developing joint strategies for conducting operations in a counter terrorism environment.
9. Nawaz Sharif inaugurates Gwadar port in Pakistan:
- Pakistan’s Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif inaugurated a trade route linking the south-western Gwadar port in Pakistan to Kashgar city in China as part of $46 billion project to jumpstart economic growth in the South Asian country.
- With the operationalisation of the revamped Gwadar port, the multi-billion dollar China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), linking western China to the Arabian Sea, became a reality.
10. Women Commandos deployed against Anti – Maoists Operations for the first time:
- The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) has deployed a team of Women Commandos for the Anti – Maoists Operations in Jharkhand.
- The team consists of 135 commandos belonging to 232 battalion’s Delta company.
11. Twinkle Khanna launches her second book 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad':
- Actor-turned-author Twinkle Khanna launched her second book titled 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'.
- Twinkle's first book was 'Mrs Funnybones: She's Just Like You and a Lot Like Me', which was published in 2015.