1. BRICS Communication Ministers 2nd meeting to begin in Bengaluru:
- Today, the two-day 2nd BRICS Communication Ministers meeting chaired by Minister of State for Communication Manoj Sinha has begun in Bengaluru (Karnataka).
- The High-Level delegation from Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa will deliberate for greater cooperation in Telecommunication and ICT sectors.
- The meeting will discuss ways to improve collaboration in the field of digital economy, future communications, mobile technology among other things.
2. Union Government launches Pradhan Mantri Yuva Yojana for entrepreneurs:
- The Union Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship has launched of Pradhan Mantri Yuva Yojana (PMYY) to scale up an ecosystem of entrepreneurship for youngsters.
- The scheme was launched by Union Minister of State(I/C) for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Rajiv Pratap Rudy to mark 2nd Foundation Day of Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE).
- PMYY is MSDE’s flagship scheme on entrepreneurship education and training. The scheme spans over five years (2016-17 to 2020-21) with a project cost of 499.94 crore rupees.
3. Union Government launches Smart India Hackathon:
- The Union Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) has launched Smart India Hackathon 2017.
- It is the world’s largest digital national building initiative.
- Through this initiative, HRD Ministry is keen to reach out to all technology institutions in the country and challenge students to offer innovative solutions to some of the daunting problems faced by our nation.
4. China launches pulsar navigation satellite XPNAV-1:
- China has successfully launched a navigation satellite XPNAV-1 , which will conduct in-orbit experiments using pulsar detectors to demonstrate new technologies.
- The X-ray pulsar navigation satellite has been launched from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in China.
- The satellite will undergo tests on its detector functions and space environment adaptability.
- The satellite will help reduce the spacecraft’s reliance on ground-based navigation methods and is expected to lead to autonomous spacecraft navigation in the future.
5. Union Cabinet approves India-Japan MoU for Marine-Earth Science and Technology:
- The Union Cabinet has approved India-Japan Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for advancement of academic research in the field of Earth Sciences.
- The MoU will be signed between Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC) and the Union Ministry of Earth Sciences.
- The prime objective of the MoU is for the advancement of academic research in the field of Earth Sciences for the benefit of the peace and human welfare.
6. Union Government launches Healthy India Initiative magazine and No More Tension mobile App:
- The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has launched Healthy India Initiative magazine and No More Tension mobile App.
- It was launched by Union Health Minister J P Nadda for promotion of health and to strengthen the health communications programmes.
- Healthy India Magazine will be a quarterly magazine. It will cater to health related information and raise awareness about healthy living.
- No More Tension App will help users to manage stress and will also provide information regarding stress, symptoms and its management.
7. Gujarat govt. to open generic medicine stores for poor patients:
- Gujarat government will start Deendayal generic medicine stores to sell generic medicines.
- It will remain open 24 hours and sell around 1,000 generic drugs to the poor patients at 40 to 80 % lower rates.
- In the first phase, 52 stores will be opened in cities and towns.
- Mobile application 'G-Dava' has also launched, it will act as a search engine for information on branded and generic medicines, price difference, chemical composition, availability, etc.
8. Jaitley to inaugurate Economic Editors’ Conference-2016:
- Today, Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has inaugurated the two day Economic Editors’ Conference-2016 in New Delhi.
- About 75 Economic Editors from different parts of the country are participating in this conference.
- The Main objective of holding the Conference is to apprise the media persons about the major policy initiatives, achievements and future road map of different participating Departments and Ministries of the Government.
9. Delhi Declaration on Agrobiodiversity Management adopted:
- The first International Agrobiodiversity Congress (IAC) held in New Delhi has adopted New Delhi Declaration on Agrobiodiversity Management.
- In the declaration, 900 participants from 60 countries have urged researchers and policy-makers to strengthen and promote complementary conservation strategies to conserve and use agrobiodiversity.
10. Uttarakhand Ratna for ND Tiwari:
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat today conferred the Uttarakhand Ratna award on his arch rival and former chief minister Narayan Dutt Tiwari on the occasion of the state's 17th foundation day.
- The gesture was interpreted in the political circles as a smart political move ahead of next year's Assembly election in the state to capitalise on the Congress veteran's influence in the Kumaon region.
11. State Textile Ministers’ conference begins in Delhi:
- Today, the day-long annual conference of State Textile Ministers began in New Delhi.
- The conference presided by Union Textile Minister Smriti Irani is being attended by textile ministers and representatives from 10 States.
12. Praveen Kumar Sharma appointed as CR, MD & CEO of CERSAI:
- The Union Government has appointed Praveen Kumar Sharma as the Central Registrar (CR), Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Central Registry of Securitisation Asset Reconstruction and Security Interest of India (CERSAI).
- He was appointed by the Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) for the tenure of three years. Prior to this appointment he was Sharma General Manager at State Bank of India (SBI).
13. Ishaat Hussain named interim chairman of TCS:
- India’s No. 1 software services firm Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has nominated Ishaat Hussain as interim chairman of TCS in place of Cyrus Mistry.
- Currently,Ishaat Hussain serving as the chairman of Voltas and satellite television provider Tata Sky.
- Tata Sons owned a 73.26 percent stake in TCS and Mistry whose family controls an 18.41 percent stake in Tata Sons.