1. PM Modi to become the mascot for Incredible India:
- Tourism Ministry of the country has decided to bring forward the Prime Minister, Narendra Modi as the face of it’s ‘Incredible India’ campaign.
- The Ministry is planning to use the video footage of Mr. Modi, talking about tourism in India and abroad during the last two and a half years for the campaign.
2. PM Narendra Modi to inaugurate PETROTECH 2016:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 12th edition of International Oil and Gas Conference and Exhibition “Petrotech-2016” in New Delhi on 5 December 2016.
- The theme for 2016 is “Hydrocarbons to fuel the future – Choices and Challenges”.
- PETROTECH is India’s flagship biennial international oil and gas conference and exhibition. It is Asia’s largest oil and gas event.
3. India to host Conference on Tobacco Control today:
- India is set to host the crucial global tobacco control conference today for the first time, where it will push for incorporating smokeless tobacco as an agenda.
- The 7th Session of the Conference of Parties to World Health Organisation Framework Convention on Tobacco Control will begin today at Greater Noida.
4. Chandrabhaga, a lost Ancient River, found in Odisha:
- The river Chandrabhaga is believed to have existed during the 13th century near the Sun Temple at Konark, a Unesco World Heritage Site in Odisha.
- The claim has been presented by the scientists at the Indian Institute of Technology – Kharagpur.
- The claim was brought forward by the study conducted on the basis of integrated geological and geophysical exploration along with historical evidence and analysis of satellite data.
5. RBI appoints M Rajeshwar Rao as new Executive Director:
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has appointed M Rajeshwar Rao as Executive Director (ED) following voluntary retirement of G Mahalingam.
- In his new role, Mr. Rao will look after Department of Statistics and Information Management, Financial markets Operations Department and International Department of the RBI.
6. Google Capital changes its name to 'CapitalG':
- Google Capital, the search giant's venture arm that invests in growth-stage companies, has changed its name to 'CapitalG'.
- The old GoogleCapital.com domain now forwards to CapitalG.com, and Google Capital's Twitter account has announced that it’s being retired in favour of a new @CapitalGTweets account.
- CapitalG’s new site confirms a previously unmentioned detail that it has invested in Snapchat.
7. HCC first company to get approval for Debt Recast by RBI:
- RBI has granted approval of Rs. 5000 crore Debt recast under it’s scheme, Sustainable Structuring of Stressed Assets (S4A) to the construction giant, Hindustan Construction company.
- ICICI Bank led joint lender group had earlier passed the scheme in September. It has now been approved by the RBI Overseeing Committee and can be implemented.
8. India Ranks 2nd in the Global Business Optimism Index:
- With the introduction of GST reform in the country, India has improved its rank in the Global Business Optimism Index by 1 spot and now ranks at the second position.
- This index has been released by the Grant Thornton International Business Report 2016 based on the performance of the third quarter (July – September 2016).
- Indonesia grabbed the top spot in the list while Philippines ranks third.
9. Joint Working Group (JWG) on Fisheries formed for India and Sri Lanka:
- A Working Group on Fisheries and a hotline between their Coast Guards has been set up jointly by India and Sri Lanka, to address the long-standing issue of fishermen from Tamil Nadu being arrested.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and Sri Lankan Foreign Minister Mangala Samaraweera held talks for the JWG in New Delhi.
- The JWG will meet every three months and the Ministers of Fisheries will meet every six months to address this issue.
10. DRDO, IIT delhi sign MoU for Joint Advanced Technology Centre (JATC):
- The Indian Institute of technology and Defence Research & Development Organisation have inked the MoU for JATC which will be located in the IIT Delhi campus.
- The JATC is aimed to enable directed, basic & applied research and it will also engage with premier research institutes through multi-institutional collaboration.
11. Aniruddha Rajput selected as a member of International Law Commission (ILC):
- The Indian Lawyer won the highest number of votes in the Asia – Pacific group to secure a position among the 34 members selected for the commission.
- ILC is the top body comprising of legal experts for the UN.
- The elected members will serve a term of five-year terms with the Geneva-based body.
12. Kontinen and Peers win 2016 BNP Paribas Masters Doubles title:
- Henri Kontinen and John Peers won their first ATP World Tour Masters 1000 team title at the BNP Paribas Masters Title in Paris.
- Henri Kontinen and John Peers defeated the pair of Pierre – Hughes Herbert and Nicolas Mahut.
- BNP Paribas Masters is an annual tennis tournament held in Paris, France.
13. Petra Kvitova wins 2016 WTA Elite Singles Trophy:
- Czech Republic’s Petra Kvitova on 6 November 2016 won the 2016 WTA Elite Singles Trophy.
- She defeated Ukrainian Elina Svitolina 6-4, 6-2 to grab the title at Zhuhai, China. Venus Williams was the defending champion for the title.