1. Indian Women’s hockey team wins 2016 Asian Champions Trophy:
- Indian Women’s hockey team has won the 2016 Asian Champions Trophy held in Singapore.
- It was the maiden win of Indian Women’s hockey team in Asian Champions Trophy.
- India defeated China by 2-1 goals.
2. International Day for Preventing Exploitation of Environment in War and Armed Conflict: 6 November
- The International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict was observed globally on 6 November 2016.
- On 5 November 2001, the UN General Assembly declared 6 November of each year as the International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict through resolution A/RES/56/4.
3. PM to inaugurate 1st International Agro-biodiversity Congress:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the first ever International Agro-biodiversity Congress, IAC in New Delhi today.
- The four day conference will be attended by 900 delegates from 60 countries.
- The event will initiate and encourage a dialogue among stakeholders, including farmers, to better understand everyone role in agro-biodiversity management and the conservation of genetic resources.
4. CII launches unique platform ‘Startup Mentorship Circle':
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has launched a unique platform called ‘Startup Mentorship Circle’ to help in connecting start-ups with the global marketplace.
- 'Startup Mentorship Circle’ is truly a strong eco-system for nurturing innovation and startups to drive sustainable economic growth and generate large scale employment opportunities.
5. Modi launches Asia's largest jungle safari in Chhattisgarh:
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Asia's largest man-made jungle safari, a nearly 800-acre Nandanvan Zoo and Safari, at Naya Raipur in Chhattisgarh.
6. Patanjali sets up Rs 1,000 cr project in Assam:
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal today laid foundation stone of Rs.1000-crore herbal and mega food park to be set up by Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Ayurveda near Tezpur.
- It would create direct employment for over 4,000 people.
7. New Delhi Declaration, Asian Regional Plan adopted at AMCDRR 2016:
- The 2016 Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction (AMCDRR) adopted ‘New Delhi Declaration’ and ‘Asian Regional Plan for Implementation of the Sendai Framework’.
- It was the first AMCDRR to be held after the advent of the Sendai Framework for DRR (SFDRR) 2015-2030.
- The next AMCDRR will be held in Mongolia in 2018. AMCDRR was established in 2005.
8. India, UNISDR sign Statement of Cooperation on Sendai Framework:
- India and United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction signed a Statement of Cooperation (SoC) of the Sendai Framework on Disaster Risk Reduction (SFDRR).
- It was signed during the second day of the Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction (AMCDRR) 2016 held in New Delhi.
- SFDRR is an international Treaty that was approved by UN member states in March 2015 at the Third World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction held in Sendai, Japan.
9. Centre imposes Rs 10,000 cr penalty on RIL and its partners:
- Government has slapped a nearly 10,000 crore rupee fine on Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) and its partners BP and Niko for pumping out gas that flowed to the Krishna Godavari-D6 Block from an adjoining field owned by ONGC.
- The Centre has given RIL a month to respond.
- The Oil Ministry, in a notice, to all the three partners sought 1.47 billion dollars for producing nearly 338 million British thermal unit in seven years ended March this year.
10. Odisha govt signs MoU to set up four more STPI centres:
- Odisha Government has signed an MoU with the Software Technology Parks of India (STPI) for setting up of four more centres in the State.
- The new centres would come up at Angul, Jajpur, Koraput and Sambalpur. With this, the number of STPI centres will rise to eight in the State which is highest in the country.
11. Sonu Sood's Xuanzang is China's official entry to Oscars:
- China has selected historical adventure film Xuanzang, which co-stars Bollywood actor Sonu Sood, as its official entry for the 89th Academy Awards.
- The project is a part of the three-film agreement signed between India and China.
12. Manny Pacquiao beats Jesse Vargas, reclaims WBO welterweight title:
- Filipino star Manny Pacquiao reclaimed the World Boxing Organization welterweight title for the third time.
- Pacquiao defeated former champion Jesse Vargas in his comeback fight on Saturday to reclaim the title.
- The 37-year-old Pacquiao had announced his retirement seven months ago.