1. Maharashtra first to launch cyber police stations in all districts:
- Maharashtra is the first state in the country which will have a cyber police station in each district.
- The state is converting 42 state-of-the-art cyber crime labs into cyber police stations.
- Cyber crime in Maharashtra has risen by a whopping 142.1% in the last few years adding that the state is facing increased cyber crime cases in tier-II cities and also in rural areas.
2. India-Bangladesh joint military exercise SAMPRITI-2016:
- The joint military training exercise “Sampriti-2016” will be conducted between India and Bangladesh at Tangail, Dhaka, Bangladesh from 05 to 18 November 2016.
- Exercise SAMPRITI is an important bilateral defence cooperation endeavour between India and Bangladesh and will be the sixth edition of the exercise which is hosted alternately by both countries.
3. Bindeshwar Pathak is the brand ambassador for Swachh Rail Mission:
- The Union Ministry of Railways has appointed the founder of “Sulabh International” Dr. Bindeshwar Pathak (73-year) as a Brand Ambassador for “Swachh Rail Mission” of Indian Railway.
- Earlier, Indian Railways had tied up with Sulabh International to clean some important railway stations across the country as part of the mission with an aim to promote cleanliness at rail premises.
- Sulabh International had started cleaning and maintenance of five important railway stations Gorakhpur, Jaipur, Ahmedabad,Old Delhi and Gwalior from September 2016.
4. Sarabjit Singh Marwah becomes Canada’s first Sikh Senator:
- Sarabjit Singh Marwah (India-born) has become the first Sikh to be appointed to the Canadian Senate.
- With this, he becomes the only Indian-origin member of the Canadian Senate.
- He is third Sikh person in the Canadian parliament after Defence Minister Harjeet Sajjan and Science Minister Navdeep Bains.
5. PM gives away Ramnath Goenka Awards for Excellence in Journalism:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has presented the Ramnath Goenka Awards for Excellence in Journalism at a function in New Delhi.
- The honour acknowledges exceptional work across 28 categories in print, broadcast and online journalism in English, Hindi and regional languages.
6. West Bengal CM distributes 43,000 bicycles to students:
- West Bengal Chief Minister, Ms. Mamata Banerjee has distributed 43,000 bicycles under ‘Sabuj Sathi‘ to class eleventh students of state-run at a function at Jamboni, West Midnapore.
- She also distributed benefits of various schemes including Kanyashree, Yuvashree, Geetanjali, land-pattas, agricultural equipment, computers and books.
7. LinkedIn inks MoU with govt to create jobs for students:
- Leading global professional network LinkedIn has signed an agreement with the human resource development ministry to create more job opportunities for Indian students.
- As part of the MoU, LinkedIn’s ‘Placements’ product will be adopted by all Indian colleges affiliated with All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
8. Govt imposes anti-dumping duty on certain Chinese steel products:
- Union government has imposed anti-dumping duty on imports of steel wire rods from China to protect domestic manufacturers from cheap inbound shipments.
- According to the Department of Revenue the duty is being imposed for six months.
- The measure follows the recommendation by the Directorate General of Anti-Dumping and Allied Duties that steel wire rods had exported by China below the normal value and the domestic industry has suffered material injury because of such imports.
- India has already slapped anti-dumping duty on certain cold-rolled flat steel products from four nations, including China and South Korea.
9. Sanjiv Arora appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Lebanon:
- An Indian Foreign Service (IFS) Sanjiv Arora has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Lebanon by Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
- Lebanon, officially known as the Lebanese Republic, is a sovereign state in Western Asia.
10. Saudi Arabia awards water prize to eight scientists:
- Saudi Arabia has awarded eight scientists International Prize for Water at a ceremony at United Nations headquarters in New York.
- The prize was established in 2002 named after Prince Sultan Bin Abdulaziz.
- The aims to provide recognition to scientists and others whose work creatively addresses the problem of water scarcity.
- The prizes come with cash awards ranging from one million Saudi riyals ($266,000) to half a million riyals ($133,000).
11. Former J&K Deputy CM Mangat Ram Sharma passes away:
- Former Jammu and Kashmir Deputy Chief Minister Mangat Ram Sharma (85-year) has passed away in Jammu today after a prolonged illness.
- Sharma was the Deputy Chief Minister in Mufti Mohammad Sayeed led government and later served as Health Minister in 2008 in the dispensation headed by Ghulam Nabi Azad.
12. Shuttler Pratul wins Bahrain International Challenge title:
- Indian shuttler Pratul Joshi (22-year) has clinched his maiden International title by notching up a win over Aditya Joshi in the finals of the Bahrain International Challenge Badminton tournament at Segayya in Bahrain.
- Pratul emerged as the winner after he prevailed 21-17, 12-21, 21-15 over Aditya in the summit clash.