1. Annual Conference of DGPs,IGPs 2016 held in Hyderabad:
- The three-day Conference (51st) of Directors-General of Police (DGP) of States was held at the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy (SVPNPA) in Hyderabad.
- The conference was inaugurated by Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
- It was attended by around 100 DGPs of states, Director Generals of Central paramilitary forces and their Inspectors General.
- President’s Police Medals and Police Medals has been presented to the officers of the Intelligence Bureau during the conference.
2. Government launches e-Pashuhaat portal to connect farmers and breeders of bovine animals:
- The Union Agriculture & Farmers Welfare launched e-pashuhaat portal to connect farmers and breeders of bovine animals.
- The portal will act as a single online e-trading market platform, including availability of bovine germplasm.
- It will enable the farmers to buy bovine animals, frozen semen and embryo.
- e-pashuhaat portal will connect farmers with breeders- State, Central, Co-operative, Milk Federations, and private agencies.
3. Delhi has overtaken Mumbai to become India's economic capital: Oxford Economics study:
- According to data released by Oxford Economics, Mumbai is at number 31 among 50 top metropolitan economic entities globally in 2015, while Delhi is at 30.
- The Delhi extended urban agglomeration (EUA) had a Gross domestic product (GDP) at Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) of $370 billion.
- Mumbai EUA had a GDP of $368 billion.
4. Three-day annual Tablighi Ijtima concludes in Bhopal:
- Three-day annual Tablighi Ijtima concluded in Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh) with Ijtimai Dua (mass prayers).
- It is one of the biggest congregation of Muslims in the World, It includes discussions about faith and peace
- Devotees from more than 20 countries devotees attended the event.
5. Toonz wins award for 'Magical Piano':
- 'Magical Piano', a short film by the Toonz Media Group has won an award at the prestigious UNESCO Salon Youth Video Competition 2016.
- Dr Avaneesh, Head of Development, Toonz Media Group received the award from Salon Films Chairman Fred Wang and UNESCO chief of Public Relations and Partnerships, Armelle Arrou.
- ‘Magical Piano’ is the story of a child who receives a magical piano for his birthday.
- The story was written by Mayul Verma from Agra, India.
6. IAS officer wins gold in Para-Badminton Championships:
- Uttar Pradesh-based IAS officer Suhas LY won the Asian Para-Badminton Championships in Beijing after defeating Indonesia's Harry Susanto 21-4, 21-11 in the final.
- Suhas, who is currently posted as the Azamgarh district magistrate, was a wildcard entry to the tournament and had won six consecutive matches to reach the final.
7. Francois Fillon wins France's Conservative Presidential primary:
- Former Prime Minister Francois Fillon has won France's Conservative Presidential primary, beating rival Alain Juppe.
- In the first U.S.style primary contest for French Republicans, Fillon has won 68 % of the vote against Juppe (former Prime Minister).
- The French presidential vote is being seen as a key test for mainstream political parties after the success of Donald Trump in the United States and the Brexit campaign in Britain.
8. Bajaj Allianz General Insurance and Canara Bank tie-up:
- Public sector bank Canara Bank has signed a corporate agency agreement with Bajaj Allianz General Insurance for the distribution of Bajaj Allianz’s general insurance products through its branches.
- As per the agreement, Bajaj Allianz General Insurance will offer its leading general insurance plans to the customers of Canara Bank.
9. E-commerce firms like Flipkart and Snapdeal to deduct TCS under GST:
- As per the new GST law, E-commerce giants Flipkart and Snapdeal will have to deduct 2% TCS(Tax Collected at Source) while making payments to their suppliers and deposited TCS amount with the government E-commerce firms like Flipkart and Snapdeal to deduct TCS under GST.
- The new model GST law provides for 1% TCS and 1% tax levied on inter-state movement of goods.
- It will not apply to aggregators like Ola,Uber etc.
10. Noted Marathi author Anand Yadav passes away:
- Noted Marathi author and Sahitya Akademi awardee Anand Yadav (80 years) has passed away in Pune (Maharashtra).
- Yadav's autobiography 'Zombi' won the Sahitya Akademi award in 1991.
- Yadav was the author of around 40 books, including essays, poems, criticism among others.
11. Ola teams up with SBI, PNB for setting up mobile ATMs:
- Indian online transportation network company Ola cabs has tied up with lenders like State Bank of India (SBI) and Punjab National Bank (PNB) to set up mobile ATM in the cab to help people withdraw cash easily.
- Ola will introduce the service on the test basis in its cabin Kolkata and Hyderabad where the taxis with POS machine and a bank officer will be parked at different locations and an amount of Rs. 2,000 can be withdrawn per card.
- In Kolkata, Ola has partnered with Punjab National Bank (PNB), while in Hyderabad, it has collaborated with SBI and Andhra Bank.