1. Three-day wine festival begins in Mangaluru:
- A three-day wine festival, organised by the Karnataka Wine Board and the Horticulture Department, began in Mangaluru.
- The festival aims to showcase 12 wineries and over 150 brands.
- "The board will showcase the state's wine heritage at the festival in order to popularise the wine culture and create awareness on the health benefits of drinking wine,".
2. First International Gita Mahotsav to be celebrated in Haryana:
- The first ever International Gita Mahotsav will be celebrated at Kurukshetra in Haryana from 6th to 10th December.
- President Pranab Mukherjee will inaugurate the event and also lay the foundation stone of Krishna circuit.
- Many spiritual leaders from different religions, scholars, artists from different countries will participate in the mega event.
3. New bill to curb job racket adopted by Jharkhand:
- Jharkhand government has introduced a strict law against placement agencies, ‘Jharkhand Nizi Niyozan Abhikaran and Gharelu Kamgar (viniyam) vidheyak 2016 (Jharkhand private employment agency and domestic employee bill).
- Under the new act, licence or proof certificate is required for placement agencies.
- Agencies should take licence within 90 days of the notification of the act.
4. AirSewa Portal' Launched for Hassle-Free Air Travel:
- Union Civil Aviation Minister Ashok Gajapathi Raju has launched an 'AirSewa Portal' and 'Mobile App' in New Delhi to offer air travelers a convenient and hassle free experience
- Now,passengers can check their flight status, flight schedule and register their grievances through this app.
- Passengers will be able to post their feedback and complaints if there are any inadequate services from airlines and airports.
- The user will be given a unique reference number for each reported grievance and passengers can track its status and response.
5. Mariamma Koshy is new Hockey India President:
- Former Hockey player Mariamma Koshy took charge of Hockey India as its president with immediate effect.
- Hockey India, during its 41st Hockey India Executive Board meet, announced that Koshy will head the national body.
- Koshy, 63, succeeds Narinder Dhruv Batra, who in recent past was elected as the first ever non-European chief of the sport's governing body International Hockey Federation (FIH).
- Earlier in November 2016, Batra made history by becoming the first Indian and fifteenth president of FIH.
6. Death Under the Deodars authored by Ruskin Bond released:
- The much-popular writer, storyteller Ruskin Bond has returned after a long sabbatical with a brand new collection of stories titled ‘Death under the Deodars: The Adventures of Miss Ripley-Bean’.
- The book consisting of 8 fresh thriller stories is set in the popular holiday destination, Mussoorie, in the bygone era of 1960-70.
- Indian Author of British descent, Ruskin Bond lives in Landour, Mussoorie.
- He was awarded the Sahitya Academy Award in 1992, Padma Shri in 1999 and Padma Bhushan in 2014 for his immense contribution to the growth of children’s literature in India.
7. IFFI nominates 8 movies for ICFT UNESCO Gandhi Medal:
- The International Film Festival of India (IFFI) has nominated eight movies for this year’s International Council for Film, Television and Audio-visual Communication UNESCO Gandhi Medal.
- Festival Director Senthil Rajan said, Allama is the only Indian film competing for the prestigious award.
- The remaining seven are from Canada, Spain, Iran, Turkey, Israel, The Netherlands and Latvia. All 8 films are being screened at the ongoing IFFI in Panaji, Goa.
8. Golfer Aditi Ashok wins inaugural Qatar Ladies Open:
- Indian golfer Aditi Ashok claimed her second successive victory on the Ladies European Tour after winning the inaugural Qatar Ladies Open on Saturday.
- The 18-year-old won the Hero Women's Indian Open a fortnight ago to become the first ever Indian player to register a win on the Ladies European Tour.
9. Sachin 3rd Indian boxer to win gold at Youth World Championship:
- Sachin Singh became only the third Indian boxer to win a gold medal at the Youth World Championships after registering a 5-0 unanimous win over Cuba's Jorge Grinan in St. Petersburg, Russia on Saturday.
- The 16-year-old boxer, who fought in the 46-49 kg weight category, will be given Rs. 1 lakh as a reward for his performance at the championship.