1. Manoj Bajpayee wins 10th Asia Pacific Screen Award:
- Bollywood actor Manoj Bajpayee won the Best Actor Award at the 10th Asia Pacific Screen Awards, beating Nawazuddin Siddiqui who was awarded a special mention in the same category.
- Manoj won the Best Performance award for his role as Professor Siras in "Aligarh", a powerful and personal drama based on true events.
- Nawazuddin received a Special Mention in the Best Performance category for his role in Anurag Kashyap's "Raman Raghav 2.0".
2. India ranks 138 in 2016 ICT Development Index:
- India has been ranked 138th in the 2016 ICT Development Index out of a total of 175 countries. In 2015, India ranked 135th position.
- The index was released as part of the annual Measuring the Information Society Report for 2016 of the International Telecommunications Union (ITU).
- Top 5 Countries are: South Korea (1st), Iceland (2nd), Denmark (3rd), Switzerland (4th) and United Kingdom (5th).
3. International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women 2016 observed across the world:
- The 2016 International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women has observed across the world on 25 november to raise awareness about violence against women and discuss solutions that would work for women community.
- The theme for the day is “Orange the World - raise funds to end violence against women”.
- This year, the UN Secretary-General’s UNiTE to End Violence against Women campaign invites you to “Orange the world,” using the colour designated by the UNiTE campaign to symbolize a brighter future without violence.
4. FDI goes up 60% after launch of “Make in India” campaign:
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in the country has gone up by 60% after the launch of Make in India campaign to 77.86 billion Dollar.
- According to Commerce Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, there has been an unprecedented increase in FDI during the period October 2014 to September 2016.
- “Make in India” campaign has been launched with an aim to promote India as an important investment destination and a global hub for manufacturing.
5. Colombian Government and FARC rebels sign revised Peace Agreement:
- Juan Manuel Santos, President of Colombia, and Rodrigo Londono, the leader of the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC), signed a new peace agreement on 24 November 2016.
- The revised agreement will be submitted to Colombian Congress for approval. It will not be put to a country-wide vote, and would also not form a part of the Colombia’s constitution.
- It is Colombian Government’s second attempt to end Latin America’s longest-running conflict, which has killed around 220000 people.
6. Upgraded Jaguar DARIN III aircraft receives IOC:
- The upgraded Jaguar DARIN III twin-seat aircraft on 24 November 2016 received the Initial Operation Clearance (IOC).
- IOC is a significant milestone for India’s military aviation sector.
- This completion of IOC for DARIN III was announced by Deputy Chief of IAF, Air Marshal RKS Bhadauria. In recent past, he flew the aircraft at HAL airport in Bengaluru.
7. Nalanda University Chancellor resigns from post:
- Today, Nalanda University Chancellor George Yeo has resigned from his post. His resignation comes on the day of the Foundation Day of the University.
- The Nalanda university is being built near the ruins of its ancient avatar and Dr. Amartya Sen was involved in the project since 2007.
8. Noted journalist Dileep Padgaonkar passes away:
- Noted journalist Dileep Padgaonkar (72-year) passed away in Pune after brief illness.
- He was a member of the three-member inter locutors group for Jammu & Kashmir and former editor of The Times of India.
9. Australia’s former women team’s captain Karen Rolton inducted into the ICC’s Hall of Fame:
- Australia’s former women’s captain Karen Rolton has been inducted into the ICC’s Hall of Fame.
- Rolton was presented with a personalised cap by ICC Chief Executive David Richardson.
- She has become the 81st player to be inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame and the sixth woman to receive the award.