1. India ranks 20th on 2017 Climate Change Performance Index:
- India was placed at the 20th rank among the 58 countries on the 2017 Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI).
- The index was released by Germanwatch, an independent German NGO and Climate Action Network Europe.
- First three spots in the list of 2017 CCPI rankings were left vacant. France was placed at 4th place, thus leads list for the first time. It was followed by Sweden (5th) and UK (6th).
2. India successfully test-fires Agni-I ballistic missile:
- Today, India has successfully test-fired its indigenously built nuclear capable ballistic missile Agni-I from a test range off Odisha coast.
- The missile can hit a target 700 km away has already been inducted into the Army.
- Agni-I missile is equipped with the sophisticated navigation system which ensures it reaches the target with a high degree of accuracy and precision.
- Weighing 12 tonnes, the 15-metre-long Agni-I is designed to carry a payload of more than one tonne.
- The last trial of Agni-I was conducted successfully on 14th March this year from the same base.
3. Akshaya Mukul wins Shakti Bhatt First Book Prize 2016:
- A Senior journalist at the Times of India Akshaya Mukul has won the Shakti Bhatt First Book Prize 2016 for his book Gita Press and the Making of Hindu India.
- The judges have chosen Mukul’s book for its “eye-opening and captivating exploration into a parallel literary culture that can often feel at a great remove from English-speaking metropolitan India”.
- The Shakti Bhatt First Book Prize was set up in 2008 to encourage authors from the sub-continent
4. Maha Chakri Sirindhorn conferred first World Sanskrit Award:
- Maha Chakri Sirindhorn, Princess of Thailand, on 21 November 2016 was conferred with the first World Sanskrit Award.
- She was honoured for her exemplary contribution for the promotion of Sanskrit language for the year 2015.
- On the other hand, American linguist and Indologist Professor George Cardona was also honoured with the award for the year 2016.
5. Naidu inaugurates multimedia exhibition on theme of ‘Aazadi 70 Saal, Yaad Karo Kurbani’:
- The union Information and Broadcasting Minister Venkaiah Naidu has inaugurated a multimedia exhibition on the theme of “Aazadi 70 Saal, Yaad Karo Kurbani” to commemorate 70 years of India’s Independence and its depiction through films.
- The multimedia exhibition has been organised by National Film Archives of India( NFAI) at the International Film Festival of India(IFFI) in Goa.
- The exhibition covers films, highlighting the contributions of Indian soldiers, peoples and freedom fighters, towards independence and various wars thereafter.
6. Sangai Festival 2016 begins in Manipur:
- The 10-day-festival ‘Sangai Festival 2016’ inaugurated by Manipur CM Okram Ibobi Singh on November 21, 2016.
- It will continue till November 30, 2016, with the theme: ‘Destination Manipur’.
- The main aim is to celebrate the festival to promote Manipur as a potential tourist destination.
7. UP CM Akhilesh Yadav launches integrated emergency services UP-100:
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has launched state-wide integrated emergency services UP-100 from Lucknow.
- UP-100 is the official name of the Police Emergency Management System of Uttar Pradesh.
- Initially, this services will be available in 11 districts of the state and later it will cover all the remaining districts.
- The state government has allocated 2200 crore rupees for the project.
8. India becomes Associate Member of CERN:
- India became an associate member of the European Organisation for Nuclear Research (CERN), the world’s largest nuclear and particle physics laboratory.
- In this regard, an agreement was signed by Dr. Sekhar Basu, Chairman, Atomic Energy Commission (AEC) and CERN Director General Dr. Fabiola Gianotti in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
9. India’s longest expressway inaugurated in Uttar Pradesh:
- India’s longest expressway connecting Agra and Lucknow was inaugurated by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav at Bangarmau in Unnao district of UP.
- The expressway has been built by the Uttar Pradesh Expressways Industrial Development Authority (UPEIDA) in a record time (23 months).
- The Agra-Lucknow Expressway is six-lane greenfield expressway having the total length of 302-km. and it designed speed of up to 120 km per hour.
10. PM Narendra Modi launches Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana (PMAY-G), flagship housing for all scheme in Agra, Uttar Pradesh.
- Under PMAY-G Government aims to provide affordable, environmentally safe and secure pucca house to every rural household living below the poverty line by 2022.
- PMAY-G is part Union Government’s flagship ‘Housing for All’ scheme and has replaced previous rural housing scheme Indira Awas Yojana.
11. Govt. forms panel to assess the status of demonetization drive:
- The union govt. has constituted a committee comprising Additional Secretaries, Joint Secretaries and Directors to know the status of implementation of its recent decision to scrap Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 currency notes.
- The committee will visit different areas of the States/union territories and submit its report by 25th November.
- The team will check the currency availability across the State in the network of bank branches, ATMs and post offices.
- The committee will also check the impact of the decision on various segments including households, agriculturists, wage earners, traders, transportation, industries, informal sectors and small business.
12. Radhika Menon awarded IMO Award for Exceptional Bravery at Sea:
- Captain Radhika Menon has awarded with International Maritime Organization (IMO)- 2016 Award for Exceptional Bravery at Sea at IMO Headquarters in London(United Kingdom).
- She honoured for her role in the rescue of seven fishermen from a sinking fishing boat in the Bay of Bengal in June 2015.
- Menon has bec0me the first female to receive the IMO Award for Exceptional Bravery at Sea.
13. Former UP CM Naresh Yadav passes away:
- Former Madhya Pradesh Governor and Uttar Pradesh chief minister Ram Naresh Yadav (89-year) passed away SGPGI of Lucknow.
- He had served as the chief minister of Uttar Pradesh in 1977, when Janata Dal formed government in Uttar Pradesh.
- He was appointed as Madhya Pradesh Governor by the then UPA government in September 2011.