1. World Television Day: 21st November:
- United Nations General Assembly proclaimed 21 November as World Television Day since the year 1996.
- The day recognises that television plays a major role in presenting different issue that affect people.
2. India successfully conducts test-fire of nuclear capable Prithvi-II missile:
- India today successfully test fired the nuclear-capable Prithvi-II missile.
- The twin trial was conducted from a test range in Chandipur, Odisha.
- The Prithvi-II missile has a payload capacity of 500 kg to 1,000 kg and a strike range of 350 km.
3. International Film Festival of India begins at Panaji:
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Venkaiah Naidu has inaugurated the 47th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) 2016 at the Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Stadium at Bambolim,Panaji (Goa).
- Veteran filmmaker Ramesh Sippy was the Chief Guest of the IFFI- 2016.
- Veteran Korean filmmaker Im Kwon Taek has honoured with the Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Legendary singer S. P. Balasubrahmanyam has been given the Centenary Indian Film Personality of the year 2016 award for his distinguished services to the film industry.
- Republic of Korea is the focus country at the IFFI this year.
4. China launches world’s longest super-secure quantum communication line:
- China has launched world’s longest super-secure quantum communication line connecting Hefei, capital of Anhui province to Shanghai, the country’s financial hub.
- The super-secure quantum communication line is 712-km in length. It boasts of ultra-high security making it impossible to wiretap, intercept or crack the information transmitted through them.
- The 712-km line is part of a 2,000-km Beijing-Shanghai quantum communication.
5. Al Nahyan granted Mother Teresa International Award:
- United Arab Emirates(UAE) Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Shaikh Abdullah Bin Zayed Al Nahyan has been conferred the prestigious Mother Teresa International Award by the Mumbai-based NGO Harmony Foundation.
- Shaikh Abdullah is being honoured for his work in establishing institutions that protect youth from being radicalised and indoctrination from terrorist groups and persons looking to propagate violence against innocent people.
6. NASA launches ‘next generation’ weather satellite:
- The National Aeronautic and Space Administration (NASA) on 20 November 2016 launched the highly advanced geostationary weather satellite Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite-R (GOES-R).
- The Satellite was launched by NASA on behalf of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
- It was launched on board of Atlas 5 rocket from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida.
7. Smriti Irani launches ‘pehchan’ identity cards to Gujarat artisans:
- The Union textile minister Smriti Irani has inaugurated thematic handicrafts exhibition and launched a scheme of textile ministry ‘pehchan‘ identity cards to artisans in Ahmedabad(Gujarat).
- Irani distributed ‘pehchan‘ cards to artisans from five clusters (Jamnagar, Surendranagar, Amreli Kalol and Naroda) of Gujarat .
- The upgraded Pehchan cards for the artisans will be linked with their Aadhar Card numbers as well as their bank accounts so that they can receive the cash benefits of government schemes directly.
8. Nat Geo magazine cover features Mangalyaan's Mars photo:
- An image of the planet Mars taken by ISRO's Mars-orbiting spacecraft Mangalyaan has found a place on the cover of the November edition of the National Geographic magazine.
- The spacecraft's launch had completed three years on November 5.
9. Symantec to buy Lifelock for $2.3 billion:
- Tech firm Symantec, Norton antivirus software maker, has agreed to buy identity theft protection company LifeLock for $2.3 billion.
- "This acquisition brings $660 million in revenue to the consumer business," Symantec Chief Executive Greg Clark said.
- Symantec has been re-orientating its business more heavily toward cybersecurity by acquiring Blue Coat Systems for $4.65 billion earlier this year.
10. Siby Sebastian appointed as CEO of SBM Bank (Mauritius), India:
- The State Bank of Mauritius (SBM) Group has appointed Siby Sebastian as Chief Executive for its India operations.
- The SBM Group operates four branches in Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad and Ramachandrapuram.
11. Bhullar wins Indonesia Open:
- Indian golfer Gaganjeet Bhullar won the $300,000 (₹2 crore) BANK BRI-JCB Indonesia Open for the second time in his career.
- Two-time Asian Tour number one Jeev Milkha Singh finished tied-second in the tournament, which was his best result since 2012.
- It was Bhullar's overall seventh Asian Tour victory and the second title this season.
12. Manavjit Singh clinches gold medal in National Shooting championship:
- The four-time Olympian former world champion Manavjit Singh Sandhu (Punjab) clinched the gold medal in men’s trap event at the 60th National Shooting Championship for Shotgun in Jaipur (Rajasthan).
- He defeated silver winner Raninder Singh (Odhisa), 14-13, to seal the top spot in his favour.
- Young Kynan Chenai (Telengana) who represented India at the Rio Olympics, bagged the bronze medal beating Adhiraj Singh Rathore of Rajasthan 14-12.
13. Kenya’s Olympic champion Eliud Kipchoge wins men’s Delhi Half Marathon:
- Reigning Olympic marathon champion Eliud Kipchoge (Kenya) has won the men’s race of Delhi Half Marathon in a fast time.
- Kipchoge clocked 59 minutes and 44 seconds to cover the 21.097Km. distance.
- Yigrem Demelash (Ethiopia) came second and Augustine Choge (Kenya) was third.
- In the women’s elite race Degefa clocked one hour, seven minutes and 42 seconds.
- Winner of Indian elite men’s category G. Lakshmanan matched his exact personal Best of 1 hour 04 minutes and 37 seconds.
- In Indian women’s category Monika Athare achieved her personal best of 1 hour 15 minutes and 34 seconds by beating Sanjeevani Jadhav by a second.