1. Donald Trump Becomes 45th President of the United States:
- Republican candidate Donald Trump has been elected the 45th President of the United States.
- The Republican party candidate secured the support of 276 of the 538 members of the electoral college, beating Democratic party rival Hillary Clinton.
- He is scheduled to take office as the 45th President on 20th January, 2017.
- Donald John Trump is an American businessman.
- He was born and raised in New York City and received a bachelor’s degree in economics from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania in 1968.
2. Rs. 500, Rs. 1,000 notes no longer legal tender:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced that Rs. 500 and Rs. 1,000 notes will cease to be legal tender.
- The demonetisation drive of these two currency units was taken to root out the menace of black money and fake currency from the country.
- The currency notes of 100, 50, 20, 10, 5, 2 and 1 rupee will remain unaffected by this decision and remain legal tender.
- Persons who holding old 500, Rs. 1,000 notes must deposit these notes in their bank or post office accounts from 10th November till 30th December 2016 without any limit.
3. RBI issues new series of Rs 500 and Rs 2,000 currency notes:
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has issued new series of notes for 500 rupees and 2,000 rupees denomination with improved features and newer sizes.
- These new series of notes was issued following Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s announcement that Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 currency notes now in use will no longer be legal tender.
- Both the designs of 500 rupees and 2,000 rupees notes is very friendly towards the visually-impaired by having features which make it accessible for all sections.
- 2,000 rupees note (first under the denomination) will be called as the “Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series” and has a design of the low-cost mission to Mars, the Mangalayan, on the reverse.
- The new design 500 rupee denomination will be in a different colour, size, theme, design and location of security features.
4. Global Rajasthan Agritech Meet GRAM to begin today:
- Today, a three-day (9-11th) Global Rajasthan Agritech Meet GRAM has begun in Jaipur,Rajasthan.
- The main objective of the meet is to double the income of farmers through various technologies and agriculture activities.
- More than 50 thousand farmers from around the state will participate in the meet. Australia, Netherland and Israel is the international partners of the meet.
- Farmer will be informed about new technology and other agriculture related activities and representatives will share their new technology and agriculture activities with state’s farmers.
5. Govt to open Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Kendra in every LS constituency:
- The Centre has decided to open Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Kendra in every Parliamentary Constituency to impart skill training to the people and make them employable.
- According to Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Rajiv Pratap Rudy, through these centres, a standard will be created to enhance the skill level of trainees so that they could earn more money.
6. 9th International Regulatory Cooperation for Herbal Medicines Meeting begins in New Delhi:
- The 9th Annual Meeting of International Regulatory Cooperation for Herbal Medicines (IRCH) was inaugurated in New Delhi.
- It has been organised by the Union Ministry of AYUSH and was inaugurated by Minister of State (MoS) for AYUSH Sripad Naik.
- In this meeting 19 member countries of IRCH with 36 delegates including experts from WHO are participating.
- The event would be utilized to show case AYUSH strength to these countries.
- IRCH is a global network of regulatory authorities created by World Health Organization (WHO) responsible for regulation of herbal medicines.
7. Sri Lanka to procure 10 diesel engines from RITES India Ltd:
- Sri Lankan government has decided to procure ten diesel engines from RITES India Ltd. under credit line facility provided by the Indian government.
- The engines will be purchased at a cost of 4.25 million US dollars each and will be supplied over the period of next two years.
- India has been extending the concessional line of credit (LoC) to Sri Lanka to support various projects in the infrastructure sector, including railways.
- Over 1 billion US dollars of LoC has been extended to Sri Lanka for various railway projects.
8. India’s first LNG-powered bus rolls out in Kerala:
- India’s first liquefied natural gas-driven bus has been launched in Kerala.
- Union Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan and Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan jointly flagged off the first pilot run eco-friendly bus.
9. Amitav Ghosh to be honored with Tata Literature Live! Lifetime Achievement Award:
- Indian-American fiction author Amitav Ghosh (60-year) has been named for 2016 Tata Literature Live! Lifetime Achievement Award in recognition of his outstanding contribution to the Indian literary space.
- The award will be presented to him at the upcoming Tata Literature Live! The Mumbai LitFest’s annual awards ceremony scheduled for 20th November in Mumbai(Maharashtra).
10. Asian Development Bank $48 million loan to help Assam improve power distribution:
- This is the second tranche loan of the USD 300 million multi-tranche financing facility for the Assam Power Sector Investment Programme that was approved by the ADB Board in July 2014.
- The project will help Assam to enhance capacity and efficiency of its power distribution system to improve electricity service to end user.
11. Climate change makes past 5 year period the warmest on record: WMO
- According to the new data released by the World Meteorological Organisation (WMO) shows that the five years from 2011 to 2015 were the warmest on record.
- The report, published at global climate talks in Morocco strongly links human activities to rising temperatures.
- The burning of fossil fuels had increased the probability of extreme heat by 10 times or more.
- The authors say that 2016 will likely break the record for the warmest year.
12. Corp Bank inks pact with Indian Army:
- Corporation Bank has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Indian Army on the defence salary package.
- Corporation Bank would provide free/ concessional services to the Army under the MoU.
- The services include free drafts, cheque books, funds transfers to any bank in India through RTGS/ NEFT, free ATM cards, unlimited transactions on all ATMs, including that of other banks.
13. Indian wushu team wins 5 medals in 8th Sanda World Cup:
- India wushu team has bagged five medals (four silver and one bronze) in the eighth Sanda World Cup held at Xian, China.
- The event witnessed participation from 80 best Sanda players of 13th World Wushu Championship 2015.
- World silver medalist Y Sanathoi Devi (Arjuna Awardee) has won the silver for India in 52kg category after losing to China’s Luan Zhang .
- Uchit Sharma (52kg), Suraya Bhanu Pratap Singh (60kg) and Monika (56kg) categories secured the silver medal.
- Pooja Kadian (75kg) category secured the lone bronze medal.