1. Govt launches new Rs 500 notes:
- The Union government has introduced the new series of 500 Rupees denomination notes at the SBI Parliament Street Branch in New Delhi.
- State Chief Secretaries to identify the rural pockets where availability of cash is a problem and provide all support to the Banks and Post Offices to ensure the last mile distribution is done through mobile banking vans and Banking Correspondents.
- Now, Customer can make a complaint to concerned District Magistrate and District Administration for action against such establishments.
2. Israeli President arrives in Delhi on 8-day visit to India:
- President of Israel Reuven Rivlin has arrived in Delhi on an eight-day visit to India.
- He will meet President Pranab Mukherjee, PM Narendra Modi and External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj.
- President Rivlin is accompanied by a high-level delegation comprising of officials, academicians and business leaders.
- He will visit Taj Mahal, Centre of Excellence in Agriculture in Karnal and participate in Agro Tech – 2016 in Chandigarh.
3. PM Narendra Modi inaugurates International Conference on sugarcane value chain:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the International Conference and Exhibition on Sugarcane Value Chain Vision 2025 Sugar in Pune, Maharashtra.
- The 3 days conference has been organised by Vasantdada Sugar Institute (VSI) at Manjari near Pune. Around 1,500 delegates are expected to participate in this conference from across the globe.
4. Mark Zuckerberg is Fortune’s 2016 Business Person of the year:
- Fortune magazine has anointed CEO of Facebook Mark Zuckerberg (32-year) as Business Person of the Year for 2016.
- Zuckerberg’s social network Facebook is used by nearly 1.8 billion people around the world.
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos has recognised second for dominating e-commerce and for breaking new ground by developing products such as the Amazon Echo.
5. 36th India International Trade Fair begins in New Delhi:
- Today, the 36th edition of India International Trade Fair (IITF) has been inaugurated by the President Pranab Mukherjee at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
- IITF fair (14th-27th November) will provide information on various schemes including Swachh Bharat Campaign, Clean Ganga Mission, Jan-Dhan Yojana, Skill India, Crop Insurance, Start up and Stand up Campaign.
- This year over 150 companies from 27 countries are taking part in the fair and the Partner Country is South Korea while the Focus Country is Belarus.
- The theme of IITF-2016 is “Digital India“.
6. APEC Forum’s Week starts in Lima, Peru:
- Today ,the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Forum’s Week started at Lima in Peru.
- It will bring together leaders of world’s largest economies, businessmen and investors.
- A creation of Free Trade Area of the Asia-Pacific is one of the main topics on the agenda of the 2016 APEC Summit that is widely seen as the premier business event drawing together business and economic leaders of 21 Pacific Rim countries.
7. Mahindra and Mahindra elevates Pawan Goenka as MD:
- Mahindra and Mahindra appointed Pawan Goenka as Managing Director and Anand Mahindra was redesignated as executive chairman.
- Goenka joined Mahindra as general manager, R&D in 1993.
- He was elevated as president of the automotive division in 2005, head of automotive and farm equipment vertical in 2010 and as executive director on the board in 2013.
8. ESIC launched ‘Kahin Bhi-Kabhi Bhi’ medical facilities:
- Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) launched ‘Kahin Bhi-Kabhi Bhi’ medical facilities for its beneficiaries of Delhi.
- Kahin Bhi means any dispensary/Hospital and Kabhi Bhi means anytime.
- The initiative Kahin Bhi-Kabhi Bhi’ was launched by Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Labour and Employment, Bandaru Dattatreya.
- The initiative aims at saving time of the beneficiaries as well as the effort that he/she makes to avail the services.
9. World Diabetes Day: 14 November
- The World Diabetes Day is observed across the world on 14 November.
- The theme for 2016 is "Eyes on Diabetes".
- World Diabetes Day is an annual campaign, led by the International Diabetes Federation (IDF) and its member associations.
10. Children’s Day: 14 November
- Children’s Day is celebrated on 14th November every year on the birth anniversary of the first Prime Minister of India Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru also called ‘Chacha Nehru’.
- Children’s Day is celebrated across India to increase awareness of the rights, care and education of children.
- Children’s Day (Bal Diwas) was first celebrated in 1964 after the death of Pandit Nehru.
11. Gulzar named for Tata LitFest's Poet Laureate 2016 award:
- Lyricist-writer Gulzar will be honoured with 2016 Tata Literature Live! Poet Laureate Award.
- The award will be presented to Gulzar, an Oscar and Grammy Award winner, at the inaugural of the festival on November 17.
12. Indian-origin humanitarian gets Global Citizen Award:
- An Indian-origin man from South Africa was awarded the Global Citizen Award for his "innovative and visionary" contribution to the global community.
- Imtiaz Sooliman founded the internationally-lauded Gift of the Givers Foundation, which is Africa's largest disaster relief organisation.
- "It will build faith and confidence in others to support African NGOs in the future".
13. Hindi to be part of foreign languages for Australian pre-schoolers:
- Australia has announced the national rollout of an online programme for preschoolers to learn foreign languages for promoting languages other than English, including Hindi from next year onward.
- The government would extend the programme to offer Australian preschoolers the opportunity to learn Italian and Spanish in 2017 and Hindi and Modern Greek in 2018.
14. YES Bank appoints Amresh Acharya as Head Global Indian Banking:
- Private sector lender YES Bank has appointed Amresh Acharya as Group President and Head of Global Indian Banking.
- The YES Bank is the only Greenfield Bank license awarded by the RBI in the last two decades, associated with the finest pedigree investors.
15. Federal Bank to open its first overseas branch in Dubai:
- Federal Bank, India's major commercial bank in the private sector has received Reserve Bank of India (RBI)'s permission to open its first international branch at the Dubai International Financial Centre.