1. India, Bhutan sign new bilateral trade agreement:
- India and Bhutan signed a new bilateral trade agreement to enhance trade between the two countries.
- The bilateral agreement aims at cutting down on documentation and adding additional exit and entry points for Bhutan's trade with other countries.
2. Pune to host India-China 'Hand-In-Hand 2016' training:
- The India-China Joint Training Exercise "Hand in Hand 2016" is scheduled to be held in Pune from November 15-27.
- This would mark the 6th annual joint training exercise between the Indian Army and the People's Liberation Army of China.
- It is aimed at honing military skills of the two armies by sharing expertise in drills while tackling insurgency and terrorism.
3. Union Government unveils steps to boost cybersecurity:
- Union Government has unveiled a slew of measures in an attempt to strengthen cyber security in India.
- It was announced by the Union Minister for Electronics and IT Ravi Shankar Prasad at the Economic Editors’ Conference-2016.
- The conference was organised by the Press Information Bureau (PIB) in collaboration with the Union Ministry of Finance in New Delhi.
4. India to preside next edition of COP in Geneva in 2018:
- India will preside the eighth edition of the Conference of Parties (COP) to WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (FCTC) which will be held in Switzerland's Geneva in 2018.
- Health Secretary CK Mishra has been chosen as the President of the COP Bureau, for the next two years, after a unanimous decision by the COP7 Plenary session.
5. High Level Meeting of Interior Ministers of IOR adopts Colombo declaration:
- The High Level Meeting of Interior Ministers of Indian Ocean Region (IOR) to Counter Drug Trafficking was held in Colombo, Sri Lanka. It had adopted Colombo declaration.
- The delegates from 18 littoral states of the IOR have resolved to work towards making the region a “Drug Free Zone”.
- Indian delegation was led by the Union Minister of State (MoS) for Home Affairs Hansraj Ahir.
- The high-level meeting was attended by 18 littoral states of the IOR which included seven Ministers and Deputy Ministers of Home Affairs/Interior.
6. IMF approves largest-ever loan for a Middle East nation:
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has approved a three-year $12 billion loan program for Egypt, the largest such package to a Middle East nation.
- The loan will help in boosting Egypt’s foreign currency inflows, which have dwindled since the 2011 Arab Spring uprising, and revive the African nation's economy.
- Egypt will receive an immediate disbursement of $2.75 billion.
7. Aditi wins Women's Indian Open:
- Golfer Aditi Ashok won the Women's Indian Open at the DLF Golf and Country Club in Gurgaon on Sunday.
- She became the first Indian to clinch a Ladies European Tour event.
- Aditi shot a 1-under 72 in the final round, taking her total score to 3-under 213.