1. INS Tahiyu commissioned into Indian Navy:
- The INS Tahiyu (315-tonne) is the sixth Water Jet Fast Attack Craft (WJFAC) Car Nicobar Class vessel was commissioned and allotted to the Eastern Fleet of the Navy at Vishakhapatnam.
- INS Tahiyu is the 20th vessel in this class to be built by Kolkata-based shipyard Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE).
- The ship is fitted with three water jet propulsion systems powered by marine diesel engines generating 2720 KW of power.
- The ship will be commanded by Commander Ajay Kashov and will have four officers and 41 crew members.
2. PM launches National SC/ST hub and Zero Defect – Zero Effect scheme in Ludhiana:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the National SC/ST hub and the Zero Defect, Zero Effect (ZED) scheme for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) at Ludhiana in Punjab.
- . He also distributed 500 traditional wooden charkhas (spinning wheels) among women.
- The objective of the SC/ST (Schedule Castes/Schedule Tribes) Hub is to provide professional support to entrepreneurs from the SC/ST.
3. International conference on voter education begins in Delhi:
- Today, three-day International Conference on voter education has been inaugurated by Chief Election Commissioner of India Dr. Nasim Zaidi in New Delhi.
- 27 countries and 5 international organizations are participating in the event.
- The Conference is being organized with an aim to share best practices, policies and initiatives of voter education by the election management bodies.
- The Conference will see the launch of the ambitious project of “VoICE.NET” a Global Knowledge Network on voter education.
4. Indo-Bangla bilateral meeting for rail project held in Tripura:
- Indo-Bangla bilateral meeting for Agartala-Akhaura rail project has been held in Agartala (Tripura).
- The project is expected to be completed within two and half years.
- The total length of 15.06 km, a stretch of 5.05 km would come under the Indian Territory in Tripura while the rest 10.01 km would be on the Bangladesh soil.
- The total cost of the project would be 972.52 crores, out of which 580 crores will be spent by India and 392.52 crores will be spent by Bangladesh.
5. India, Myanmar signed 3 MoUs including Cooperation in the field of Power Sector:
- India and Myanmar signed three agreements to boost the bilateral relations between the two nations.
- Keeping in view the sensitivity of each other’s strategic interests, the two nations also agreed for close security coordination in border areas.
- The MoU were signed on "designing an academic and professional building programme for insurance industry of Myanmar", "Cooperation in the field of Power Sector" and "Banking Supervision between RBI and Central Bank of Myanmar".
6. LS Speaker accepts PDP MP Tariq Hameed Karra’s resignation:
- The resignation of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Srinagar (J&K) M.P Tariq Hameed Karra from the Lok Sabha (LS) has been accepted by the LS Speaker Sumitra Mahajan.
- Earlier, Tariq (founding member of the PDP) had announced his decision to quit his Lok Sabha seat.
7. S P Yadav elected new President of Urology Society of India:
- Noted urologist Dr. Satya Prakash Yadav has been elected as the new President of the North Zone of Urology Society of India (NZUSI).
- Yadav’s tenure would begin from October 2017 for a period of one year.
8. Nirmala Sitharaman unveils logo for IPR cell in New Delhi:
- Today, Commerce Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has unveiled the logo of Cell for IPR Promotion and Management (CIPAM) at a function in New Delhi.
- It has been designed keeping in mind the slogan of the National IPR Policy , Creative India, Innovative India.
- The CIPAM has been set up as a professional body in the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion to take forward the implementation of the National IPR Policy.
9. Sonam Kapoor awarded ET Panache's 'Trendsetter Awards 2016':
- Bollywood Actress Sonam Kapoor has been bestowed with the 2016 ET Panache Trendsetter Award in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- The award recognizes the efforts of entrepreneurs, innovators, Newsmakers and athletes whose stories inspire millions and whose services transform lives.
10. Govt cancels affiliation of 68 intermediate colleges:
- The Bihar government has cancelled affiliation of 68 intermediate colleges for not fulfilling its criterion.
- According to the chairman Anand kishore ,the affiliation of altogether 173 colleges has been suspended till now.
11. Geeta Phogat appointed DSP in Haryana Police:
- Haryana Government today appointed International woman wrestler Geeta Phogat as a Deputy Superintendent of Police in Haryana Police.
- Phogat, a 2010 Commonwealth Games gold medalist, was given the rank under the sports quota after the Cabinet headed by CM Manohar Lal Khattar, approved the State Home Department's proposal.