1. WHO certifies Sri Lanka as a malaria free nation:
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has certified Sri Lanka as a malaria-free nation.
- Malaria is a life-threatening disease which long affected the island country.
- According to WHO no locally transmitted cases of malaria have been recorded in the country for 3½ years.
- WHO is a specialized agency of the United Nations (UN) that is concerned with international public health.
2. 11th G20 Summit Concludes in Hangzhou, China:
- The 11th Summit of the Group of Twenty (G20) concluded in the eastern Chinese city of Hangzhou.
- The theme of 2016 G20 Summit was Toward an Innovative, Invigorated, Interconnected and Inclusive World Economy.
- The chair of the summit was Xi Jinping, President of China.
- 12th G20 summit 2017 to be held in Hamburg, Germany.
3. Ecologist Bibhuti Lahkar bags Heritage Heroes Award of IUCN:
- Ecologist and conservation from Assam Bibhuti Prasad Lahkar has won the People’s Choice award for the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Heritage Heroes for his outstanding contribution toward protection of wildlife and ecology of Manas National Park.
- He became the first Asian to win this prestigious environmental award.
- Lahkar received the award at the IUCN’s ongoing World Conservation Congress in Honolulu,Hawaii.
4. UK appoints ambassador to Iran for the first time since 2011:
- The United Kingdom (UK) has appointed an ambassador to Iran for the first time since 2011, as part of its aims for more productive co-operation.
- Former British ambassador to Qatar and Yemen Nicholas Hopton will take up the role of ambassador.
- The British embassy in Tehran was closed after it was stormed and ransacked by protesters in November 2011.
- The embassy was reopened in August 2015 by then-British Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond and the two countries resumed ties on Charge d’Affaires level.
5. Rajasthan launches e-stamping facility:
- The Rajasthan High Court has launched the barcode e-stamp facility in its Jodhpur and Jaipur benches simultaneously.
- e-stamp facility is completely secure and reliable and there is no possibility of any forgery or tampering.
- This facility is already available in Delhi, Chhattisgarh and Himachal Pradesh.
- In Rajasthan high court, present CourtFee Stamp System will continue for the time being along with e-stamping facility.
6. Meghalaya: Mother Teresa International Film Festival begins in Shillong:
- The first ever three-day Mother Teresa International Film Festival has been organized by the Sisters of Charity in collaboration with other religious congregations in Shillong.
- The festival has begun with the screening of documentary film, “Mother Teresa and Me” by Director and Producer, Gautam Lewis of United Kingdom.
7. Union Health Ministry launches campaign to eradicate leprosy:
- The Union Health Minister J P Nadda has launched 2-week-long massive Leprosy Case Detection Campaign (LCDC) to eradicate leprosy from the country.
- It will be focusing on more than 1,600 blocks in the 149 districts across 20 states.
- There are nearly 3 lakh health teams will undertake door-to-door visits to detect leprosy cases.
8. 22-year-old Indo-Japanese crowned Miss Japan:
- A beauty queen with an Indian father and a Japanese mother was crowned Miss Japan.
- Priyanka Yoshikawa's tearful victory comes a year after Ariana Miyamoto faced an ugly backlash for becoming the first black woman to represent Japan.
9. LIFFI: Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Tannishtha Chatterjee win Best Actors award:
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui won the Best Actor award for his role in 'Manjhi-The Mountain Man'.
- Tannishtha Chatterjee won the award for her role in 'Rough Book'.
- Anant Mahadevan won the Best Director honour at the debut edition of the Lonavla International Film Festival India (LIFFI).
10. John Abraham roped in as brand ambassador of Arunachal Pradesh:
- The government of Arunachal Pradesh has roped in Bollywood bighead John Abraham as a brand ambassador for state tourism to boost tourism with the help of actor.
11. Shahan Ali Mohsin wins the Asian Karting Championship:
- Shahan Ali Mohsin (12-year) from Agra has become the first Indian racer to win the Asian Karting Champion Championship at the Sepang Circuit in Malaysia.
- Now he is hoping for a repeat closer home in the JK Tyre National Rotax Max Karting Championship (currently leading) as well, with the final round scheduled on 25th September.
11. Police Athletics: Minakshi creates new record in Hammer Throw:
- Minakshi (CISF) has created a new record in the Women’s Hammer Throw at the 65th All India Police Athletics Championship in Hyderabad.
- She has broken the earlier record of 54.66 meters and set a new record of 57.58 meters and won Gold medal.
12. GRSE hands over fast attack craft 'Tihayu' to Indian Navy:
- Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Limited (GRSE) handed over the Water Jet Fast Attack Craft (WJFAC), “TIHAYU” to Indian Navy.
- “TIHAYU” is the second ship of the ‘Follow-on’ Series of WJFACs while INS Tarmugli is the first ship of the same series.
13. MobiKwik launches one step offline payments with ‘Bubble Pin’:
- MobiKwik, the fin-tech player has launched one-step offline payments with ‘Bubble Pin’.
- The pin is a combination of numbers and alphabets. Bubble pin also makes the transaction more secure as no phone number is required to be shared.
14. World’s oldest living cricketer Lindsay Tuckett passes away:
- World’s oldest cricketer Lindsay Tuckett (97-year) has passed away in Bloemfontein, South Africa.
- Tuckett represented South Africa in 9 Test matches against England between 1947 to 1949.
- He made his debut in the first Test at Trent Bridge, Nottingham in 1947.