1. Assam CM to inaugurate world class library in NIT Silchar:
- Chief Minister of Assam Sarbananda Sonowal has inaugurated a new world class library, ‘Bharat Ratn Dr A P J Abdul Kalam Learning Resource Centre in National Institute of Technology (NIT), Silchar.
- The library is established with the help of university of Illinois, USA.
- The library is one of kind in the entire north-eastern region equipped with modern technology and infrastructure.
- NIT Silchar has invested around 28 crore rupees ,create this world class library.
2. Ankasamudra to become a conservation reserve:
- The Karnataka State Wildlife Board, chaired by Chief Minister Siddaramaiah, has decided to declare Ankasamudra tank in Hagari Bommanahalli taluk as a bird conservation reserve.
- This is the first bird conservation reserve declared in the entire Hyderabad-Karnataka region.
3. Haryana govt to develop 340 villages as Horticulture Villages:
- Haryana Government has decided to develop 340 villages as Horticulture Villages at a cost of 93 crore rupees during the Golden Jubilee year of the State.
- It has also decided to establish 140 clusters in these villages.
- An MoU has signed with the Apio Inc. for processing and packaging of horticultural products in New Delhi.
- Under this project, producers in Haryana will supply fruits, flowers, vegetables and dairy products to these areas.
4. Goa to host three-day bird festival from Nov 11:
- Goa will host a three-day bird festival from November 11 to 13, targeting audiences from both within the country as also internationally.
- Goa's state bird “Bulbul” has been chosen as the logo for the festival.
5. 5 September:National Teachers Day:
- SarvepalliRadhakrishnanTeachers’ Day is being celebrated throughout the country on the birthday of educationist and former President Bharat Ratna Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan.
- President Pranab Mukherjee has taken a class and interact with students of Dr. Rajendra Prasad Sarvodaya Vidyalaya located at President’s Estate, Delhi.
6. Pondy Lt Guv launches Shramdaan movement in remote village:
- Lt. Governor Kiran Bedi has launched 'Shramdaan movement' as part of Swachh Bharat and Swachh Puducherry initiative at a remote village.
- The initiative is a habit and a movement, and everyone irrespective of status should be involved in the drive against garbage the Lt Governor urged.
7. JSS Malappuram wins Unesco literacy award:
- The Jan Shikshan Sansthan (JSS), Malappuram, has won the Unesco Confucius Prize for Literacy.
- The award has been conferred on the JSS in recognition of its literacy-linked skill development activities among the underprivileged in rural areas.
8. Dr Hrushikesh Mallick to get prestigious Sarala Award-2016:
- Noted Odia poet Dr. Hrushikesh Mallick will be honoured with the 37th edition of prestigious Sarala Award for his outstanding poetry.
- The annual award carrying a cash prize of Rs 5 lakh and a citation would be conferred on Mallick for his poetry work "Jeje Dekhi Nathiba Bharat".
9. Serena Williams sets women’s record of 307 victories in grand slams:
- World number one Tennis player Serena Williams has created history by setting a record of most number of Grand Slam matches wins by a woman in the Open era.
- In the US Open,she defeated Johanna Larsson of Sweden, 6-2, 6-1 to progress to the pre-quarterfinals and surpass Martina Navratilova’s record of 306 wins.
- Serena is now tied with Roger Federer who holds the record for men.
- The Serena Williams is currently equal with Steffi Graf with 22 major Singles titles.
10. Abhinav Bindra announces retirement from shooting:
- India’s lone individual Olympic gold medallist Abhinav Bindra (shooting) has officially announced his retirement from shooting.
- Bindra is a World and Olympic champion in the 10 m Air Rifle event.
- He born 28 September 1982, in Dehradun,Uttarakhand.
11. World’s largest LEGO ship sets Guinness record:
- The World’s largest LEGO ship named Jubilee Seaways has created Guinness world record for set in Denmark, where employees of a shipping company successfully constructed the incredible 2,860 kg boat using over one million interlocking plastic bricks.
12. Ricky Ponting appointed brand ambassador for Tasmania:
- Former Australian cricket captain Ricky Ponting has been appointed brand ambassador of his home state Tasmania and will join a government-led trade mission to the subcontinent that will explore export opportunities.
13. Canada’s British Columbia becomes first foreign government to issue masala bonds:
- Canada’s British Columbia province has become the first foreign government to issue of masala bonds, a rupee-denominated bond.
- It had issued Rs 500 crore rupee denominated overseas bonds (masala bond) on the London Stock Exchange (LSE) and successfully raised $75 million (about Rs 500 crore).
14. Sakshi Malik appointed Wrestling Director of Rohtak University:
- Rio Olympics bronze medalist Sakshi Malik (freestyle wrestler-58 kg) has been appointed as Wrestling Director at Maharshi Dayanand University in Rohtak, Haryana.
- She will be given Rs 21 lakh out of his discretionary fund and a plot measuring 500 square yards.
- She is a part of the JSW Sports Excellence Program, along with fellow female wrester Vinesh Phogat, Geeta Phogat and Babita Kumari.
15. Air India Express turns profitable for the first time:
- Air India Express (International subsidiary of Air India) has turned profitable for the first time since it started operations in 2005.
- The airline has made the net profit of 361.68 crore rupees in the fiscal year 2015-16 against the loss of Rs. 61 crore registered in the year 2014-15.
- The capacity offered and the Operating Revenues are expected to go up further by about 25% in the fiscal 2016-17.
16. Sikki & Pranaav clinch Brazil Open Grand Prix title:
- The top-seeded Indian mixed doubles pair of Sikki Reddy and Pranaav Jerry Chopra clinched their maiden Grand Prix title in the Brazil Open Grand Prix.
- They defeated Canadian combo of Toby Ng and Rachel Honderich 21-15, 21-16 in straight games at Costa Cavalcante.
- Pranaav was part of the Indian team that stunned mighty China 3-2 to win a bronze in the Asia Badminton Team Championships.