1. International Translation Day is being observed on 30 September:
- The International Translation Day is being observed across the world on 30 September.
- The theme of the International Translation Day 2016 is "Translation and Interpreting: Connecting Worlds".
- This is the annual event for the translation community and event is marked with a series of dedicated events, seminars and symposiums across the world.
2. 2016 BRICS Labour & Employment Ministerial Meet held in New Delhi:
- The 2016 BRICS Labour & Employment Ministerial Meet was held in New Delhi from September 27- 28, 2016 to deliberate on issues including job creation and social security for workers.
- The two day meeting saw the participation of the five major emerging BRICS economies viz. Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
- The meeting had dedicated sessions on employment generation, social security, inclusive development and formalization.
3. US & Vietnam navies begin 7th annual NEA in Da Nang:
- The US and Vietnamese navies have begun the 7th annual Naval Engagement Activity NEA, Vietnam 2016 at Tien Sa Port in Da Nang.
- The exercise will also include Code for Unplanned Encounters at Sea and search-and-rescue scenarios.
4. Telugu writer Kalakaluri Enoch conferred with Moortidevi Award of Bharatiya Jnanpith:
- Noted Dalit voice, poet and Telugu writer Prof.Kalakaluri Enoch was conferred with the prestigious Moortidevi Award of Bharatiya Jnanpith for the year 2015.
- The prestigious literary award was bestowed upon him for his novel Anantajivanam by Veteren art historian Dr Kapila Vatsyayana function in New Delhi.
- The Moortidevi Award is an annual literary award in India.
5. Riyadh Mathew is new PTI Chairman:
- Riyadh Mathew, Director of Malayala Manorama, Chairman and Managing Director of Indian Express has been unanimously elected Chairman of Press Trust of India (PTI).
- Mr. Mathew, succeeds Hormusji N. Cama.
6. Shakti Sinha to head Nehru Memorial Museum and Library:
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet approved the appointment of retired IAS officer Shakti Sinha to the post of director, Nehru Memorial Museum and Library (NMML).
- The post of director at NMML has been lying vacant since last year.
7. Facebook, Amazon, Google, IBM and Microsoft on one Artificial Intelligence platform:
- Facebook, Amazon, Google, IBM and Microsoft, have joined hands to announce a historic partnership on artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning.
- These companies will discuss advancements and conduct research in AI and how to develop best products and services powered by machine.
8. Rani becomes 1st Indian woman to cross 60m in javelin:
- Javelin thrower Annu Rani broke her own national record and in the process became the first Indian woman to cross the 60m mark on the third and penultimate day of the 56th Open National Athletics Championships in Lucknow.