1. World’s 1st robotic eye operation performed in Britain
- British surgeons have successfully performed the world’s first robotic operation inside the eye, potentially revolutionizing the way such conditions are treated.
- The procedure was carried out at John Radcliffe hospital in Oxford.
2. Indo-US Economic Summit from September 13
- The 2-day Indo-US Economic Summit will begin in New Delhi on September 13.
- Leaders from business, government and academia from both the countries will participate in the summit.
- They will deliberate on ways to enhance bilateral trade and investments between India and the US.
3. India, 10 South-east Asian countries decided to set up fund for health emergencies in region
- The joint funding stream will be established under the South-East Asia Regional Health Emergency Fund (SEARHEF).
- Bakytzhan Sagintaev appointed as Prime minister of Kazakhstan by Kazakhstan President Nursultan Nazarbayev on September 9,2016.
- Kazakhstan, a Central Asian country and former Soviet republic
- Qatar National Bank (QNB) has received approval from India's regulatory authorities to open a branch in the country and begin operations.
- The bank has its presence in more than 30 countries.
- Great Britain’s Jamie Murray and Brazil's Bruno Soares won their second Grand Slam doubles title, defeating Spaniards Pablo Carreño Busta and Guillermo García-López 6-2, 6-3.
- This was Murray’s 3rd doubles slam title of his career, and 2nd with Bruno Soares, with the pair winning the Australian Open earlier this year.
- Vietnam won its first-ever Paralympic gold medal after para weightlifter Le Van Cong lifted 183 kgs, to set a new world record at the event.
- Vietnam also ended its six-decade-long wait for an Olympic gold last month in Rio with a record-breaking performance by shooter Hoang Xuan Vinh in the 10-metre air pistol shooting event.
- United states (US) Navy has demonstrated the interiors of Zumwalt destroyer.
- The 186-metre-long ship is equipped with stealth features and a gun system that can launch 600 rocket-powered projectiles at targets more than 110 kilometres away.
- It is named after World War II hero Admiral Elmo Zumwalt.
- Real Madrid registered a 5-2 win over Osasuna in the La Liga, marking a 15th straight league win.
- Thereby equalling their longest winning streak in Spain. Ronaldo
- Renowned Yog Guru and founder of Patanjali group Baba Ramdev has laid the foundation stone of his dream project Patanjali Mega Food and Herbal Park in Mihan area which is located at outskirts of Nagpur.
- He announced that Patanjali group will give soft loans to farmers in the area for producing various agro products.
- German professional tennis player Angelique Kerber won her first U.S. Open title and the second Grand Slam trophy of her breakthrough season.
- The German defeated Karolina Pliskova 6-3, 4-6, 6-4.
- e-nivaran was started with an aim to reduce instances of harassment of the public when it comes to complaints related to the Income Tax (IT) department.