1. Pellagra & Scurvy diseases caused due to deficiency of?
Ans: Vitamin C
2. Indira Goswami a Jnanpith Award winner is a poet, author, scholar of which language?
3. Longest islands?
4. Nitric acid doesn’t react with – (copper, iron, zinc or gold)
5. Nanda Peak in which state?
Ans: Uttarakhnad (Chamoli)
6. Which curve shows the relationship between unemployment and rate of interest?
7. Evaporation after high temperatures is followed by which kind of rainfall?
8. Under which Governor General was English education first brought to India?
Ans: Lord Macaulay
9. Electric heater consists of which metal?
Ans: Nichrome 80/20 (80% nickel, 20% chromium)
10. Finance commission was set up by?
Ans: The Finance Commission came into existence in 1951. It was established under Article 280 of the Indian Constitution by the President of India. It was formed to define the financial relations between the centre and the state.
11. Which committee under the Estimates Committee of Parliament is also called ‘twin sisters’?
Ans: Public Accounts Committee