1. In which among the following states, the Jharia, Raniganj, Talchar, Korba coal fields are located respectively?
a) Tamil Nadu, Orissa, Jharkhand, West Bengal
b) Jharkhand, West Bengal, Orissa, Chhattisgarh
c) West Bengal, Jharkhand, Orissa, Chhattisgarh
d) West Bengal, Odisha, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand
2. Port Blair is located on which of the following Islands?
a) North Andaman
b) South Andaman
c) Middle Andaman
3. In which one of the following places is the Shompen tribe found?
a) Nilgiri Hills
b) Nicobar Islands
c) Spiti Valley
d) Lakshadweep islands
4. For cotton cultivation which among the following soils is considered most suitable?
a) Red Soil
b) Black Soil
c) Laterite Soil
d) Alluvial Soil
5. Consider the following countries:
Through which of the above does the Tropic of Capricorn pass?
a) 1 only
b) 2, 3 and 4
c) 1, 2 and 3
d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
6. Which among the following has the world's largest reserves of Uranium?
c) Russian Federation
7. Which one of the following rivers does not originate in India?
8. Recently, which one of the following was included in the UNESCO's World Heritage list?
a) Dilwara Temple
b) Kalka-Shimla Railway
c) Bhiterkanika Mangrove Area
d) Visakhapatnam to Araku valley railway line
9. In which State is the Guru Shikhar Peak located?
c) Madhya Pradesh
10. The Indian subcontinent was originally part a huge mass called
a) Jurassic land mass
d) Gondwana continent
1:b; 2:b; 3:b 4:b; 5:d; 6:a; 7:d; 8:b; 9:a 10:d.