1. The State Bank of India Board approved merger of its five associate banks and _____ with itself.
a) Kotak Mahindra Bank
b) Yes Bank
c) Bharatiya Mahila Bank
d) Canara Bank
2. Which educational institute adopted five villages under the Namami Gange Programme to deploy its expertise to limit the flow of sewage into River Ganga?
3. Union Government launched the TARANG mobile application to
a) Track power transmission projects
b) Receive complaints from telecom users
c) Monitor central sector schemes
d) Facilitate business to business services
4. Cricket icon and Rajya Sabha MP Sachin Tendulkar has selected Donja village in Osmanabad district of which state for development under the Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY)?
c) Madhya Pradesh
5. Name the Hindi scholar and writer who was awarded the prestigious 25th Vyas Samman 2015 for her poetry collection "Kshama"?
a) K N Tripathi
b) Sunita Jain
c) Manisha Mehta
d) None of these
6. Union Ministry of Power launched the e-Trans web portal to
a) Track power availability for farmers
b) Facilitate e-bidding of projects
c) Develop green energy corridors
d) Facilitate monitoring of thermal power plants
7. This weekend, the much heralded "world's highest and longest" glass-bottomed bridge will open to visitors in which country?
8. With which country India signed a short-term route agreement for petroleum products?
9. Badminton player P V Sindhu recently won historic silver medal in women’s singles badminton event at Rio Olympics. Who won gold in the event?
a) Wang Yihan
b) Sain Nehwal
c) Carolina Marin
d) Dolores Marco
10. Name the Veteran filmmaker and Odia actor who passed away in a private hospital at Bhubaneswar?
a) Ravindra Kamothi
b) Gobind Tej
c) Dev Kumar
d) None of these
1:c, 2:d, 3:a, 4:d, 5:b, 6:b, 7:b, 8:c, 9:c, 10:b.Current Affairs Quiz 19th Aug 2016