1. The Union Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javdekar has recently launched Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) in which city?
a) Bhilai (Chhattisgarh)
b) Tirupati (Andhra Pradesh)
c) Dharwad (Karnataka)
2. Which railway zone has won the overall team championship, in the 82nd All India Railway athletic Championship (AIRAC) at Tiruchirapalli, Tamil Nadu?
a) Eastern Railway
b) North-Western Railway
c) North-Eastern Railway
d) Western Railway
3. Who was appointed as the President of India Bullion and Jewellers Association in August 2016?
a) Vinod Rai
b) Mohit Kamboj
c) Mukesh Mehta
d) Vinod Mehra
4. Qatar's based Doha Bank has recently opened a branch in which state?
b) Madhya Pradesh
5. Name the sounding rocket that was used to launch the Supersonic Combustion Ramjet engine, called Scramjet by ISRO?
6. Scientists of which country have detected a rare deep-Earth tremor, known as an S wave microseism?
7. National Sports Day is observed on which date?
a) 27 August
b) 28 August
c) 29 August
d) 30 August
8. Name the Formula One driver who won Belgian Grand Prix 2016?
a) Lewis Hamilton
b) Sergio Perez
c) Daniel Ricciardo
d) Nico Rosberg
9. Who of the following won the doubles women’s title at 2016 Connecticut Open?
a) Kateryna Bondarenko and Chuang Chia-Jung
b) Saina Mirza and Monica Niculescu
c) Saina Mirza and Chuang Chia-Jung
d) Monica Niculescu and Chuang Chia-Jung
10. Name the Eminent Odisha painter, writer and art historian who passed away due to cardiac arrest in Bhubaneswar?
a) Naveen Chandra
b) Dinanath Pathy
c) Abhijit Bhaduri
d) None of these
1:c, 2:d, 3:c, 4:d, 5:c, 6:d, 7:c, 8:d, 9:b, 10:b.