1. Who has been appointed as the new Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) after Raghuram Rajan demits office on September 4?
a) R Gandhi
b) Urjit Patel
c) AK Singh
d) S S Mundra
2. From October this year, Delhiites will be able to pay Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) bus fares using which of the following cards?
a) Big Bazar Card
b) Metro Smart Card
c) SBI Cards
d) All ATM Cards
3. A two-day meeting of BRICS Women Parliamentarian's Forum began in which city?
4. Pandit Shiv Kumar Sharma will be conferred upon with the annual Sangeet Martand Ustad Chand Khan Lifetime Achievement. He is associated with which of the following musical instruments?
5. The monogrammed suit worn by Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his meeting with American President Barack Obama last year, which created huge controversy, entered Guinness Book of World Records as ‘______’.
a) the most stylish suit
b) the most expensive suit sold
c) the most popular suit sold
d) None of these
6. Gobind Tej,who passed away recently was related to which field?
a) Science and Technology
d) Film Industries
7. Recently MoU was signed between National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) and Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) for which of the following purpose?
a) For industrial use of treated water
b) For eliminating waste sewage
c) For helping in creating action plans
d) None of these
8. Which Indian cricketer was recently made an honorary member of the esteemed Marylebone Cricket Club?
a) Sachin Tendulkar
b) Virat Kohli
c) M S Dhoni
d) Virender Sehwag
9. Which country won the gold medal in women's football event at the Rio Olympics?
b) Great Britain
10. Recently Uttar Pradesh government approved a Metro Rail project for Allahabad. Which of the following company has been assigned to present DPRs (Detailed Project Report) for Allahabad?
b) Power Grid
d) Delhi Metro Rail Corporation
1:b, 2:b, 3:d, 4:a, 5:b, 6:d, 7:a, 8:d, 9:a, 10:c.Current Affairs Quiz 20th Aug 2016