1. India’s first military heritage website launched:
- India’s first military heritage website “coloursofglory.org” has launched by Glory Foundation.
- The foundation will conduct various awareness programs throughout major cities in the Country to educate the people about the Nation’s military history and heritage.
2. PM Narendra Modi inaugurates the first phase of SAUNI yojana:
- Today, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the first phase of the 4 phases Saurastra Narmada Avataran Irrigation yojana (SAUNI) at Sanodara of Jamnagar district of Gujarat.
- Under the project, nearly 10 dams and reservoirs of Rajkot, Jamnagar and Morbi will be filled up with the water of Narmada river.
- First Phase of the project has been developed at a cost of Rs. 1,562 crore with 58 km of pipeline.
3. Telangana,Haryana Assembly ratifies GST Bill:
- The Telangana and Haryana Assembly have unanimously ratified the Constitution Amendment Bill on Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- GST is a tax levied when a consumer buys a good or service. It is meant to be a single, comprehensive tax that will subsume all the other smaller indirect taxes on consumption like service tax, excise duty etc.
4. Mahindra unveils DiGiSENSE platform to track vehicle information:
- Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd (M&M) has introduced a cloud-based technology solution DiGiSENSE to track vehicle information in real time.
- Now, Mahindra has become the first original equipment manufacturer in India to integrate its product line-up onto a cloud-based technology platform.
- DiGiSENSE by its digital-enabled sensing connects Mahindra range of pick up vehicles, tractors, trucks and construction equipment to the cloud.
5. India to grow at 7.6% in FY'17: RBI:
- The RBI, in its Annual Report, has projected India's growth rate at 7.6% in 2016-17, up from 7.2% last year.
- The Reserve Bank of India is India's central banking institution, which controls the monetary policy of the Indian rupee.
6. CRPF to appoint PV Sindhu as Commandant and brand ambassador:
- Central Reserve Police Force India (CRPF) has decided to appoint Olympic silver medallist Pusarla Venkata Sindhu as it’s brand ambassador and bestow the honorary rank of Commandant.
- CRPF has moved a formal proposal in this regard to the Union Home Ministry and after getting required sanctions, Sindhu will be honoured.
- Few year back, Border Security Force(BSF) had appointed cricketer Virat Kohli as it’s brand ambassador.
7. NABARD sanctions loan for 10 MW solar plant in Haryana:
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has sanctioned a loan of Rs 204.67 crore under Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF) for rural infrastructure in Haryana.
- This aid was provided under Rural Infrastructure Development Fund for projects including a 10 MW solar plant at Panipat thermal power station.
8. Madhukar Gupta Committee on border protection submits report to MHA:
- The Madhukar Gupta (former Home Secretary) Committee on border protection has submitted its report to the Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
- The Committee has been appointed in April 2016 for strengthening border protection and addressing the issue of gaps and vulnerability in border fencing along Indo-Pakistan Border.
9. Ananth Kumar launches ‘Pharma Sahi Daam’ mobile App:
- The Union minister of Chemicals & Fertilizers and Parliamentary Affairs Ananth Kumar launched a mobile App. developed by NPPA, which shows the MRP fixed by NPPA for various scheduled drugs on the real time basis.
- In the Sidelines the Minister also urged a 3A (Availability, Affordability and Accessibility) approach to achieve health security for every citizen of India.
10. India, Myanmar ink four pacts to boost bilateral cooperation:
- India and Myanmar have signed four agreements to enhance cooperation and bilateral relations between the two countries.
- Agreements were signed after delegation-level talks between PM Narendra Modi and his visiting counterpart President of Myanmar U Htin Kyaw in New Delhi.
- President Kyaw is the first democratically elected President of Myanmar to visit India(27th-30th August).Agreements are give below:
1. The construction of 69 Bridges.
2. In the field of Traditional Systems of Medicine.
3. In the Field of Renewable Energy.
4. The construction and up gradation of the Kalewa -Yagyi Road Section.
11. Padma Sachdev gets Saraswati Samman for the year 2015:
- Eminent poet and novelist from Jammu Padma Sachdev (76-year) has been chosen for the prestigious Saraswati Samman for the year 2015 (25th )for her autobiography “Chitt-Chete“(in Dogri language).
- She was felicitated by Delhi’s Lt Governor Najeeb Jung in New Delhi.
- Sachdev is the first women poet in Dogri language has been a recipient of Sahitya Akademi Award in 1971 for her poetry book ‘Meri Kavita Mere Geet’.
- The award was instituted by the K. K. Birla Foundation in 1991 and award carries a sum of 15 lakh rupees besides a citation and a plaque.
- The award is given every year for an outstanding literary work written by an Indian citizen in any of the 22 Indian languages listed in Schedule VIII of the Constitution of India, published during the last 10 years.
12. Flipkart’s PhonePe ties up with Yes Bank to launch UPI-based app:
- Mobile payments start-up PhonePe Internet Pvt. Ltd, which is owned by Flipkart, in partnership with private lender Yes Bank launched unified payments interface (UPI) based payments app.
- PhonePe allows users to link their bank accounts securely to their smartphone using National Payments Corporation of India’s encrypted libraries.
13. Govt decides to issue 5th tranche of Sovereign Gold Bonds on September 23:
- Union Government has decided to issue the fifth tranche of Sovereign Gold Bonds on 23rd September.
- The bonds will be accepted from 1st to 9th of September.
- The bonds will be sold through banks, Stock Holding Corporation of India Limited, designated post-office and recognised stock exchanges.
- SGBs are government securities denominated in grams of gold. They are substitutes for holding physical gold.
- Investors have to pay the issue price in cash and the bonds will be redeemed in cash on maturity.
- The Bond is issued by Reserve Bank on behalf of Government of India.
14. Wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt’s London Olympics bronze medal upgraded to silver:
- Indian Wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt’s bronze medal (60kg freestyle) from the London Olympics has been upgraded to silver.
- Late Besik Kudukhov of Russia (second-place finisher) was stripped off his medal for failing a dope test.
- Kudukhov, who had died in a car crash in 2013 in southern Russia was found to have used a banned substance in a test conducted by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA).