1. Which State decided to install 3050 solar water pumps of 2 HP, 5 HP and 10 Horse Power during this financial year in the state?
2. What is the rank of India in the Global Innovation Index (GII)?
3. Who has topped in the Global Innovation Index (GII)?
c) United Kingdom
4. Which city is hosting the SAARC Youth Parliamentarians Conference on Peace and Harmony for Development 2016?
b) New Delhi
5. Who has been honoured by the America Tamil Sangam with its Tamil Ratna Award?
a) Bappi Lahiri
b) A.R. Rahman
c) Yuvan Shankar Raja
d) Santhosh Narayanan
6. Which state received the highest number of gallantry medals for police personnel in the country on the eve of Independence Day?
a) Madhya Pradesh
7. Name the person who bagged the APJ Abdul Kalam Award for meritorious services in the Higher Education Department of Tamil Nadu?
a) Hansraj Verma
b) Kalpana Chawla
c) RB Udhayakumar
d) P Shanmugam
8. The Uttar Pradesh government has approved a Metro Rail project for which city?
9. Who headed the NGT committee to assess the damage caused by the World Culture Festival of Art of Living Foundation to the Yamuna flood plain in March 2016?
a) Shashi Shekhar
b) Madhav Chitale
c) Arvind Subramanian
d) Anand Desai
10. Unilever, the parent company of Hindustan Unilever (HUL), in August 2016 acquired which air purification company?
1:c, 2:b, 3:a, 4:d, 5:b, 6:d, 7:d, 8:d, 9:a, 10:c.Current Affairs Quiz 17th Aug 2016