a) A special Parliamentary Committee is formed to resolve the situation.
b) The Prime Minister intervenes.
c) The President casts a deciding vote.
d) A joint sitting of the two Houses of Parliament is convened.
2. Which Article gives special status to J&K?
a) Art. 367
b) Art. 365
c) Art. 371
d) Art. 370
3. Which of the following is not a Standing Committee of the Parliament?
a) Committee on Public Accounts
b) Estimates Committee
c) Committee on Welfare of SC's and ST's
d) Committee on Public Undertakings
4. Who administers the oath of office to the President?
a) Chief Justice of India
b) Speaker of Lok Sabha
c) Prime Minister
d) Vice President
5. Which one of the following is part of the electoral college for the President but does not forum for his impeachment?
a) Lok Sabha
b) Rajya Sabha
c) State Legislative Councils
d) State Legislative Assemblies
6. An amendment to the Constitution of India can be initiated by the
3. State Legislature
a) 1 alone
b) 1, 2 and 3
c) 2, 3 and 4
d) 1 and 2
7. Which Article of the Constitution provides that it shall be the endeavor of every state to provide adequate facility for instruction in the mother tongue at the primary stage of education?
a) Article 349
b) Article 350
c) Article 350-A
d) Article 351
8. Which one of the following duties is not performed by Comptroller and Auditor general of India?
a) To audit and report on all expenditure from the Consolidated Fund of India
b) To audit and report on all expenditure from the Contingency Funds and Public Accounts
c) To audit and report on all trading, manufacturing, profit and loss accounts
d) To control the receipt and issue of public money, and to ensure that the public revenue is lodged in the exchequer
9. Match List I with List II
List I :
A. Article 54
B. Article 75
C. Article 155
D. Article 164
List II (content) :
1. Election of the President of India
2. Appointment of the Prime Minister
3. Appointment of the Governor of a State
4. Appointment of the Chief Minister and Council of Ministers of a State
5. Composition of Legislative Assemblies
a) A-1, B-2.C-3, D-4
b) A-1, B-2,C-4, D-5
d) A-2, B-1,C-4, D-3
10. If a new state of the Indian Union is to be created, which one of the following schedules of the Constitution must be amended?
1:d, 2:d, 3:c, 4:a, 5:d, 6:d, 7:c, 8:d, 9:a, 10:a.More Polity Questions!!!