1. Assam Assembly passes Ease of Doing Business Bill, 2016:
- Assam Assembly has passed Assam Ease of Doing Business Bill, 2016 to facilitate ease of doing business in the state.
- The basic aim of the bill is to create an investment-friendly environment for economic development of the state.
2. Leela Group signs pact with Qatar firm to build hotel near Taj:
- The Leela Group and Qatar's Al Faisal Group today signed an agreement to build a five-star hotel near Taj Mahal in Agra with an FDI of about Rs 500 crore'.
- The agreement was signed after Modi's interaction with top business leaders.
3. India, Qatar ink 7 agreements to boost cooperation:
- India and Qatar today signed seven agreements, including one on finance intelligence to check money laundering and terrorism financing and another to woo foreign investment in the infrastructure sector from the gas-rich Gulf state.
- Cooperation and investment in areas of skill development and education, health, tourism and sports between the two countries were the other agreements signed by Indian and Qatar officials in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Emir Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani.
4. Bionic leaf can turns sunlight into liquid fuel:
- A team of scientists from Harvard University (United States) has created a unique bionic leaf that uses sunlight (solar energy) to split water molecules into oxygen and hydrogen and hydrogen-eating bacteria to produce liquid fuels from CO2.
5. Suresh Prabhu flags off Tiger Express:
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu flagged off IRCTC’s Tiger Express from Safdarjung station.
- A semi-luxury tourist train, Tiger Express is launched to spread awareness among people regarding tiger conservation.
- It is the first semi-luxury train on a tourist circuit having a dining car. The itinerary has a tariff structure starting from Rs 38,500.
6. Caroline Garcia, Kristina Mladenovic won French Open 2016:
- France's Caroline Garcia and Kristina Mladenovic defeated Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina 6-3 2-6 6-4 at French open 2016.
7. India, Singapore agree to enhance scale of military interaction:
- India and Singapore have agreed to enhance the scale of existing bilateral military interaction and decided to expand the interaction between the armed forces.
- Both countries also agreed cooperation between Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Singapore research agency on research-oriented projects.
- They also agreed to collaborate between industries under ‘Make in India’ initiative.
8. Garbine Muguruza beats Serena Williams in the French Open 2016: