1. Who has been appointed as new BCCI president?
Ans: Anurag Thakur.
2. Which Organisation has launched its maiden indigenous winged Reusable Launch Vehicle (RLV)?
Ans: ISRO (from Sriharikota).
3. how many MoU & agreements have been signed between India and Iran during Mr. Narendra Modi visit ?
4. The bilateral contract for Chabahar port has been signed between which two organization ?
Ans: IPGPL (India Ports Global Private Limited) and Arya Banader of Iran.
5. Who has been appointed as new BCCI Secretary?
Ans: Ajay Shirke.
6. India-Pakistan school Students Exchange Program has won ________.
Ans: Innovation award.
7. The School Exchange Program was initiated by which NGO ?
Ans: Routes 2 Roots.
8. India and _____ have signed 4 Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) in Muscat.
Ans: Oman (visit of Indian Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar).
9. Which team has won 2016 Uber cup?
Ans: China (14th time).
10. Which government has launched 'Smart Village' program?
Ans: Gujrat (by CM Anandiben Patel ).
11. Who as been appointed as Niti Aayog principal Adviser for Social Sector?
Ans: Ratan Wattal.
12. Who has sworn in as chief minister of Tamil Nadu?
Ans: J Jayalalithaa (6th time).
13. Name the person who has won the Palme d'Or at Cannes Film Festival?
Ans: British director Ken Loach (for "I, Daniel Blake" film).
14. Who has received Yug Kavi Siddhicharan Award(Nepal’s literary award)?
Ans: Sikkim CM Pawan Chamling.
15. Mayank Ashar has resigned from his post from which company?
16. Which team has won Federation Cup 2016?
Ans: Mohun Bagan (defeated Aizwal by 5-0).
17. Which team has won 2016 Thomas cup?
Ans: Denmark (defeated Indonesia by 3-2).
May 2016 Current Affairs